DavidZak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Charging issue with Bose SoundSport

I’m having trouble to charge my Bose Soundsport. I bought them 5 months ago and lately I started having problem with the battery. When it’s on 10% I put them on charge and it instantly shows a green light which is supposed to mean it’s fully charged. Then I take them off it says it’s on 100% and then after couple of minutes it says 10%. Then I put them back on charge and it shows green light so I decide to leave it to charge for 2 hours. And the same happens. I tried to reboot the headphones and downloaded an update and still doesn’t work. How could I fix the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Charging issue with Bose SoundSport

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi all, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues regarding SoundSport Wireless earphones. 

I would recommend the update and resetting the headphones. If you have tried these with no success, please reach out to your local Technical Support Team. 

Click the LINK HERE, Select your country of residence and Scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! Please reach out if require any further assistance. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Hi, which SoundSport model do you have? The SoundSport Wireless or the SoundSport Free? 

Highlighted
$andMan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

I have the same issue - I have had them for about a year now but it has been happening for about 3 or 4 months or so.  The charging is not working correctly. They say they are on 20% but when I plug them in they turn green but then say they are still at 60% when u turn them on. I am frustrated with these headphones. I have tried the reset, updated the firmware and all that. Please Help
SoundSport Wireless Earphones

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi all, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues regarding SoundSport Wireless earphones. 

I would recommend the update and resetting the headphones. If you have tried these with no success, please reach out to your local Technical Support Team. 

Click the LINK HERE, Select your country of residence and Scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! Please reach out if require any further assistance. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
ernesto.lopm@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Same issue, I been using it about a year and I identified that only charge at 20%, I connect to a power outlet and in 2 minutes or les turn green the light the turn on the headphones and says 100%, I access the app and said 90% after 1 minute said 80% after 5 min said 20%. I'm so disappointed, I'm loyal customer to the brand since 2011 and its the first product with this kind of disappointment.

Highlighted
mphathaway
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

I purchased the Bose Soundsport wireless headphones ~6 months ago.  The charging issue was presented itself shortly after purchase.  I really enjoy the fit, feel and sound quality of these headphones but it is impossible to consistently charge them.  You go on shorter and shorter runs to accommodate a charge of 10% or 20%.

I have tried:

• resetting the headphones
  • running the headphones totally out of charge
  • different usb cables and adapters
  • updating the firmware

Please let me know if there is anything that can save the product experience.

Highlighted

Hi Mpathaway, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the power of your SoundSport Wireless earphones. I'll do all I can to point you in the right direction. 

It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend for your issue. I would recommend getting in contact with your local Technical Support team for the most accurate information regarding service in your region. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O