Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I just purchased and received my QC Earbuds.  I have tried all three tips in both ears and they fall out.  I followed the step by step technique on your app and it still fell out.  I am also not hearing the noise cancelling...I am assuming because I can't get a seal.

To compare, I also have the QC 20 and they fit perfectly with great noise canceling.  

I compared the regular QC 20 ear tips (regular size) to the three that come with the QC earbuds.  It matches the wing of the large but the canal tip found on the small.  This is what fits my ear. Is there other eartips I can have that will match the QC 20 regular size and material...before I return this?  I also feel like the earbuds silicone material is VERY slick, the QC 20's are more sticky creating more friction to keep them in my ear.

Here's hoping for different tips for my QC earbuds please!

43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Re: QC Earbuds falling out of ear

I am having a identical problem, been using Bose earbuds for years because of the great tips. This is the first time I've had troubles keeping them in my ears.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Exact issue here..

These earbuds give me the worst anxiety, I feel like I am walking down the street trying to balance a glass of water on my head

I tend to keep my hands free when using them as I have to keep adjusting them, they sit like they are about to fall out of my ear at any second. this is frustrating as it keeps activating bixby or messing with the settings. 

the Instruction on how to fit them does not work. you cannot rotate them oncec in your ear, it just twists the silicon

I am going to give Bose a call today to see if they are across this but will more than likely list these on gumtree tonight and move to airpods

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

I will be returning mine as soon as I can. I have tried everything possible. I really don't understand how this is not a major topic!.

I watched a vlogger claim to wipe ears with baby wipes to make them stay in place....I did not pay $300 to go through this nonsense. Maybe they will address it, unfortunately, I do not have the patience.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

I am really frustrated. I've long used Bose ear tips because of their excellent comfort and fit (the QC20s are fantastic). These new QC earbuds tips are terrible.

I find the wings need to be really bent back to fit into the concha, and it doesn't take much for them to ping back out again. The small tips are too small given they need to be bent backwards, and the mediums are too big. It doesn't take more than a bit of a head wobble with either size tips for the buds to fall out.

I can't see Bose releasing new / different ear tips for these, so they will have to be returned. A shame.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Hey,

I just received my QC Earbuds on 07/10/20 and I am having the same problem. For my left ear the fit is great but for my right ear the fit is loose. Just walking quickly dislodges the right earbud and it feels like it is hanging on for dear life. This does not make the experience of using them enjoyable and you do not pay almost $300 for kind of ok earbuds.

I will get in touch with Bose to see if they can suggest anything but sadly I think they have to go back as it is a lot of money to just live with the inconvenience. For me a secure fit is a huge factor in enjoying music with earbuds.

I am open to any suggestions from other users but it seems as you have all had a similar challenge.

Pav

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I had to fit the large tips to mine. All of my other Bose buds and in-ears have used the medium fit. Very snug fit with large.

Guess we all have individual ears. Another very well known brand won’t stay in for love nor money.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I just filed for a return for the same reason. My SoundSport Free earbuds always stayed in and I expected the new version to be even better. Not only can’t I run in them, I can’t work out in any way as they fall out after 30 seconds. Bose, you really messed up here.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

I ended up calling Bose to ask if they had complaints about the tips as yet and tried to explain the issue but the operator I spoke to just told me to change the tip size. I dont think she understood the issue

C'mon Bose, Surely you are watching this thread? please chime in.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I had filed for a return on my new Sport earbuds because of this issue, but decided to try trimming the flange on the ear canal portion so that it matched my old Soundsport Free tips. This allowed the tip to go deeper into my ear and lock in place much more securely. I think this will work. Bose, take note of this.