Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Re: QC Earbuds falling out of ear

So glad to find I'm not the only person with an issue.

I had the QC20 and SoundSport Frees for probably six years combined and loved both of them.  They were the only earbuds I've ever tried that were both comfortable and stayed in my ear with almost no problem.  The SoundSports sometimes had to be adjusted after a couple miles of running, but that's no reason to complain.  I used the medium for both models with no problems at all.

On the QC Earbuds, the medium is too big - if I push the tip to sit under the top of the concha like it's supposed to, it just pops right back out within a few moments, particularly if I move my head at all.  The small is too small - it doesn't feel like it's grabbing on to my ear at all and constantly feels like it's falling out, and the tip is too small to stay in the concha.  I don't know if the actual sizes are different, or the friction of the different materials makes it a problem, or some combination of the two, but man I wish Bose would simply go back to the old design.  It was great.

I just don't get it.  Both the QC20s and the Soundsport Frees were widely regarded by so many as the most comfortable earbuds on the market.  Why try to fix what wasn't broken, Bose?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Just returned mine as I could not find a satisfying fit. I remember QC20 and their perfect fit, but now it is (was, sadly) totally different - they must have changed the design. I have tried every possible combination and nothing. Very, very disappointed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Does anyone know if sleepbuds 2 have different silicon tip material and will it fit QC earbuds? Maybe worth a try?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

I am on the same boat. I love the sound and noise cancellation, but because the left earbud doesn't sit right in my ear with the smallest size, sound leaks in. Wish they had more size options.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

I’m also having the issue.  Have been using the QC20s for over 5 years and the fit has been perfect.  Even the weight of the battery doesn’t pull them out.

I got these new QC Earbuds and they will not stay in whatever I try.  $399 here in Australia, and the returns policy does not allow me to return them!

Ive used Bose for 20 years, I have Bose in my car, Bose bed side stereo, iPhone docks, multiple on-ear and over-ear, and my favourite, the QC20.  

This is the first time I’ve been truly disappointed and now stuck with something I can’t use!  I guess I’ll try to sell them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

I have noticed that Bose has decided not to address this post. I guessbwe must be in the minority that they're willing to loose as customers. 

At the very least, make a generic statement

They have answered most other concerns!!.

Highlighted

Hey everyone, thanks for posting in this discussion, I hope you are all keeping safe!

I'm sorry that you seem to be having a problem with the fit of your new QuietComfort Earbuds. Besides that, I hope you are enjoying them. 🙂

I just wanted to jump in and let you know that we are listening and I will be passing along your feedback to the appropriate team. There currently aren't any additional StayHear Max tip sizes besides 1, 2, and 3, but do be sure to try them all out. Additionally, check out our guide on how to correctly fit the earbuds 👉 Wearing and adjusting your earbuds.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Trimming does "help" but that material is much stiffer and slicker, so the ear gets sore after a bit anyways.  Unfortunately I didnt think the call quality was good either, the original bose Bluetooth headset v1 and 2 sounded WAY better to the person receiving the call. Man I had been waiting for a year for these.  I even tried custom putty but they wouldn't fit in the case to charge.  How often does bose release updated tech...is it annually?  Should I wait a year or purchase a different brand?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

I don't think anyone would have gone through the effort of finding this community, looking for a post about the fit, and posting, if they hadn't already tried all the sizes and looked at the info on proper fit.

It's the same concept as multiple other products Bose has issued over the past several years, and almost everyone posting here pointed out that they've used some of those other products and that these clearly do not fit as well as any of those.  We know what we're talking about; we've been wearing your products almost daily.

Just another embarrassing miss for Bose in the QC earbuds, on top of the lack of volume control or ability to switch devices.  67 days left in my return window and I hope Bose commits to fixing these obvious mistakes before then.

P.S. even this community has multiple issues.  "Keep me signed in" doesn't actually keep me signed in; "I'm not a robot" often fails even though it has a checkmark showing; and the captcha should know that my device isn't a robot after the first time I do it anyway.  Has Bose just completely given up on doing software or user experience correctly?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

I am having the exact same issue. I just bought mine last weekend and I've used them several times and they constantly fall out. I tried all three sizes and followed the directions and nothing, so I did a search online for this issue and came across this thread. I have been very happy with every Bose product (and I own multiple) and was really excited when this one came out, but now I'm thinking of returning them. Bose should come out with ear tips with the same design as the ones of the other Bose in ear headphones that I love and at that point I will buy this product again. For now, this is a fail for Bose. You might get away with using them sitting down or laying down, but for any activity that requires more motion, forget it.