Ardelio
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

FYI - Many people enjoy the comfort and alternative foam type tips available from Comply.  I called support and they plan on engineering and producing a set to fit Bose QC earbuds sometime in 2021.  

I use them for other earbuds.  The pro is that they increase the passive NC produced, provided a more sure fit in the ear canal and can improve sound (especially bass) quality.  The negative is that they feel like earplugs (because they are) and put more pressure in the ear canal.  It's a personal preference as to whether or not you like your earbuds supported by something inside your ear canal or more supported by the external ear.   

Roboracer2010
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

I’m facing the exact same problem. They just don’t fit. When I put them on, they will just fall out any time. 

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to fill out the recent survey on comfort and stability for the QuietComfort and Sport earbuds.

At this time, we’re happy with the amount of responses we received and will be ending the survey. The product and engineering team are reviewing the results to determine if additional improvements can be made.

In reviewing the submitted photos, our team feels it would be beneficial for users to review the previously posted video on seating the headset. I've included it below once more.

https://youtu.be/1xjlK4MYLoM

It is important to remember after placing the earbud in the ear, the wing should be tucked under the concha (inner curvature) of the outer ear. This may have to be done manually with your finger tip. If the wing is not properly tucked, it will compromise the stability of the earbud. It is also important to select the right tip size. If you are trying to improve your stability, we would recommend prioritizing the size tip with the best wing fit. If you are trying to improve comfort, we would recommend prioritizing the size tip with the best cone fit.

We thank you again for all your support. We will provide an update if new information becomes available! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=1xjlK4MYLoMBose wireless earbuds that feature StayHear Max™ tips are des...
Roguishdrummer
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2020

I just got the Bose Sport earbuds as a warranty replacement for a set of Soundsport Free Wireless earbuds that stopped working. I'm so disappointed in the fit of these tips in comparison to the soundsport free. Looking through all the replies it seems like Bose's only plan is to reprimand you for not having a comfortable fit instead of actually addressing the problem. I plan to reach out and see if I can get a pair of sound sport free instead because otherwise these might as well go in the trash.

c2pid
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

I went thru all the necessary steps and tips trying to make these headphones fit properly without falling out ... NOTHING works.  I have owned numerous in-ear-headphones, so telling me that I don't know how to put them on is just an insult.  For $350 cdn, I can't return the darn thing because it's opened.  What a sh*t show. The "lower cost" QC20 tips fits so much better.  Sennheiser Momentum 2's...here I come.

Neland
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

I completed the survey last month with photo submissions as the reps at the Bose store do not have any direction for the fitment concern in person. I just spoke to support via phone and unfortunately not much resolution either besides offering the same tip sizes. The goal of my call was to see what direction Bose has in the future as everyone on this thread has the same concern. The response on this post regarding the fitment is pretty much an insult to many of us seeking a solution. Ultimately us as consumers don’t have any direction besides to keep trying a fitment that isn’t working. 

Can your team provide next steps that Bose is taking & if there will be additional tip sizes available? And if so, how will consumers be notified?

Jpcldn
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Not to jump on the bandwagon... I purchased these a few days ago having tormented myself watching countless reviews for true wireless earbuds over the last few months.

I’m so satisfied with the sound of these, however the fit is terrible - no size both fits well / is comfortable. I’m really disappointed, unfortunately can’t see myself keeping these.

‘leeny
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2020

I would also like to add my voice to the complaints on this thread. My issue seems to stem that the cleft in my ear is not sufficiently deep enough for the tip to tuck under and secure. Regardless of the size, it does not secure properly and falls out even just while sitting. This is especially frustrating as the store I purchased from has a no return policy on earbuds, which I understand, but is still a bummer considering the issue is not apparent until you try them on. Now I have $200 headphones that are essentially useless to me.

Nathlai1301
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Earbud

Hi 

Just purchased a pair of Bose quite comfort earbuds. 
The bud keeps falling out of my R ear and I’ve tried all sizes. 
Are there any 3rd parties that make extra small rubber bud replacment tips??

Moco
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Hello, I have tried all three sizes of earbuds and they all fall out.

As I’m reading this board, it appears this problem has gone on for some time. Has any solution been developed?