Feb 17, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

Are there alternative earbuds, and yes I have tried all 3 sizes 

Ddddd
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

The key to the fit for me was cutting back the “in ear” portion of the silicon ear tip.   In both ears I now have about 2/3 of the silicone gone, so the earbuds are more in my ear canal.   Now I can run and the wing tips don’t regularly pop out     Funny hack, but now I am enjoying the earbuds like I hoped to.   

rodrigoluna@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport EarbudsOMG

OMG I just received my Bose Quietcomfort earbuds and after few minutes they starting to hurt my ears, I can't wear them for longer than 30 minutes or so. What is wrong with Bose quality control????

As reference, I can wear my Bose QC30 all day without issues. And, in my personal opinion, the Qc30s sound as good if not better.

I can see myself returning the QC earbuds in the near future. I just can't find a justification for keeping them. 

Aastor3
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

I've had the same problems as everyone else. My earbuds will not stay in my ears. I've owned many Bose headphone products and I've never had this problem. I was ready to return my earbuds until I decided to try out replacement tips from Amazon. The replacement tips are exactly what I needed! The material of these tips are more like the material of my previous earbuds and therefore I'm now confident to go running with my earbuds. It's a shame that with the price I paid I couldn't get the product I expected. Instead I had to rely on a cheap brand from Amazon to make my product work correctly.

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

For $10 it's worth a shot since Bose seems to be ignoring this thread. I should get my replacement pair tomorrow and reply back if it works for me.

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

I received the replacement eartips that @Aastor3 mentioned. Below are the best images I could take to show the differences. I only checked the smallest size since that's what I need for my ears.
I'm surprised to say that overall these are a much better fit. With the OEM eartips the left earbud fit "ok" and the right earbud was not secure at all. Even sitting still with the OEM eartips the right earbud would fall out and need adjustment. With these replacement eartips the left earbud is super secure and it's not going anywhere even when I move around. Now the right earbud, with the replacement eartip, is what I would call "ok" or maybe a bit better. It seems very secure as I'm sitting here typing this. When I move around (aggressive jumping and shaking head) the right earbud still seems to move slightly and I believe I would have to adjust it every so often. However, it's a big improvement.
There are two main differences that I can see between the OEM and replacement eartips.

1. The rubber part that goes into your ear is noticeably shorter.  (Shown in image 1 and 2)
  2. The rubber part that goes into your ear is at a slightly different angle. (Shown in image 3)

For $10 and fast shipping I think these replacement tips are worth a try. If you were considering the hack where some people have cut down the part of the eartips that goes into your ear then don't. Maybe try the replacement eartips for $10 first. If it doesn't work then you've only lost $10 extra dollars and you can return the Bose earbuds undamaged.
Hope this helps someone.

Bose_QC_Earbud_Replacement1.jpgBose_QC_Earbud_Replacement2.jpgBose_QC_Earbud_Replacement3.jpg

plazaretos@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Sport Earbuds - Eartips

Hello 

Firmware Version

1.2.7-1268+787c799

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone 12 Max Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The eartips keep falling off...  PLease note that I used to own the Sportbuds and had no problem with them. I was wearing Large but even the smaller ones were not falling off. These fall off in any size, with the Large ones popping off the ear 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

plazaretos@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

What is surprising here, is that there are 84 comments on the same subject and no response from Bose!!! Unbelievable! 

SilentStorm1
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Well, i think Bose finally heard our complaints with their tips. I just got an email from their team asking if I wanted to participate in new ear-tips sizes they are trying out for QC and SoundSport earbuds. Lets see how these new eartips are!

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

That's great @SilentStorm1. I wish I could participate. I'm pretty sure I filled out the feedback form so I wonder how they selected testers.