Kistaraq
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

As I can see, as many others, I have problems with keeping the earbuds in my ears. What should I do?

Gabe777
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

So did anything come from these "try new eartips" offer ?

There are 2 issues I have with Bose.

1. They are not clear about the type of tips that ship with each model.

I see Stayhear, Stayhear+ and Stayhear Ultra...around the web. On the Bose site I only see Stayhear !

I have the original QC 20s and the Soundsport...with the single wire connecting them... and they both seem to use different tip types.

I have no clue which the new QC 2020s use !

If you wish to buy replacements you have no idea which you need.

2. Why have they bothered with 11 levels of ANC on the new QC buds, which nobody (!!!) needs ... yet only provide 3 sizes of tips ?

Bose are a British company... not some cheap Asian knock off outfit. Why are they so inefficient and opaque in this area ?

It seems like they skimped on the most important aspect of in ear buds.. and ironically, the cheapest.

They cost around 6 quid a pair...delivered. They probably cost 50 pence to make. Why aren't there 4 or 5 different sizes and colours ?

Sorry Bose, but given other companies have now caught up with the ANC technology..... if not surpassed it (debatably)... you will have to up your game or you will see your brand dissolve into a steaming pool of " has been."

un hombre
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

@Aastor3 , @RoyalTea - could you Please share the url to those replacement tips?

Or give me the name Of manufacturer and model name?

I am so desperate I am willing to import them from USA to Europe... I a,

m basically not using those earbuds since I bought them as it is too painful and they keep falling off...

leeh14
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

I've received a pair of these QC as a present surprised and shocked in getting them.

but very disappointed with them not fitting and how sore i made my ears in doing so, but seeing so many people on here having the same issue why Bose have not come up with a suitable solution as i have never had a problem with any in ear headphones. is this Bose just being different, but obviously it doesn't work for everyone.

please can you let us know if there is something in the pipe line as i don't want the embarrassment of having to tell the person that bought them for me that they are no good.

Regards  

joe@compofelice.com
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds PLUS HORRIBLE SOFTWARE APP

Earbud fit is really poor, falling out at all three sizes. Next touch volume on right earbud doesn't work. But the worst is the App. After successfully setting up App on iPHone, and tried the same on iPad. What a mess...first still telling me i am "not connected" when i am actually listening to music. Second, the App won't finish because I can't get past a "Forget Devices" error message instructing me to "forget" two Bose devises that not only are not on the iPad but never have been. Overall what a miserable product, miserable management at Bose. 

Drew Tipson
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

Having the same problem: just got them, and none of the sizes work, they all seem to slowly pop out of my ears within a minute, certainly can't hold up to normal head movement. There's no way to adjust the wing sizes vs the plugs sizes (are the 3 plugs even 3 different sizes? Can't tell, but maybe they're all too large). It's bizarre to me that a 10$ pair of wired earbuds can fit comfortably in my ear, but these seem like they were designed by someone who's never seen a human ear. The wings don't even seem angled correctly. Maddening to see that the ANC feature is so good, but they're basically unusable for lack of a few extra $ spent on extra earbud options or customization.

Rnieves88
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

Bose QC Ear Tips

Bose product name: Bose QC Wireless Earbuds

Firmware Version: 1.0.7-9846+620b71c

App Version: 4.3.4

What devices were you using: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra on Android 11

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

I have a pair of Bose wired earbuds that I bought in 2015. They have lasted me longer than any other earbuds I've owned. I've also bought the over-the-ear QC and love them as well. When I upgraded my phone, I no longer had the headphone jack and decided to get the Bose QC wireless earbuds. My issue is the ear tip design. None of the 3 sizes provided will stay in my ear. The current version of ear tips do not work for me. I had the wired earbuds for so long and they were perfect because of the older design of the ear tips. Is there any way to make those ear tips for the Bose QC earbuds as an optional accessory that can be purchased? I was excited to get these earbuds because of how much they can do as wireless earphones with any phone brand but I'm at the point where I will have to sell them or give them away because they won't stay in my ears like the old ear tips did. 

20210405_121111.jpg20210405_121304.jpg

567DB81A-EBEF-4009-A2E6-E878011F06F4.jpeg

I would like to stay in the Bose family but I'm unable to take advantage of the in-ear headphones due to the ear tip design. I would really appreciate if I had the option of purchasing ear tips similar to the older version. Thank you! 

When did you start to experience the issue? Upon setup of new earbuds.

Any troubleshooting steps you took: S witched between all 3 ear tips provided and even attempted to put the ear tips from old wired pair on but of course it didn’t fit.

Jessica Boykin
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2021

Painful for smaller ears

I recently purchased the noise canceling earbuds, true wireless. So far the sound and use is fantastic! Unfortunately, I have the ears of a wood fairy and after only a couple of minutes of use it becomes very painful. I have my earbuds in almost all day for work and I have a downstairs neighbor and I choose to spare him from my incessant true crime and crass comedy podcasts. I purchased an expensive earbud because I will be getting my money’s worth. I’ve tried the Sennheiser but to cumbersome and the call quality was not right considering I am on the phone for work. Does Bose offer smaller buds? I’ve used the smallest option provided but maybe there is a custom or special earbuds you can order through Bose?! And am I using this forum right?! 

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Hi @un hombre . I replied to your DM. It looks like the seller removed the listing from Amazon. This is the old link, but it is no longer working:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RBRCZJQ/
screenshot_3rd_party_QC_tips.jpg

Vicky_W

Re: Bose QC Ear Tips

Hello Rnieves88, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am so glad that you love Bose and have decided to extend your collection to include the QC Earbuds. I am sorry that the tips do not suit your needs. I have added your name to the list of users who would like a different size tip. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!