Ddddd
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

After playing with the tips, I ended up cutting the rubber that fits inside your ear canal....so it’s easier to jam the earbud in there, and the wing seems to hold it in place.  Still not perfect but better.  Highly unlikely to stay in for a run, but other activities are now possible without adjusting or looking in the floor for a fallen earbud. 

ggaall033
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Bose Bose QC Earbuds don't stay

Hello,

i but 2 months a go the new Bose QC, i try the three ears plug in the case, and non of them fit comfortably in my ear, after less the one minute the start to slip out,

i really try everything, but they don't stay put. for more then a year i have the QC30, and never had this problem

Please give me advice, what to do because I really like the sound and quality of Bose,

but this problem drives me crazy

thank you 

Sterba
Participant
Registered since

Jan 28, 2021

As everyone else I have the same problem with my buds. Got them today and I have tried everything. Size 2 fits ok (barely) in the ear but the wing is not even close to work as a seal, it is too small and a gap of at least 2-3 mm is created. Size 3 feels like pushing a thumb into the ear, and the wing cant overcome the outward pressure that is created from the canal tip. Size 2 works perfectly for my girlfriend and she just places them gently against the ear and then starts to headbang wildly no problem. 

It feels like the obvious solution is to create more sizes, cant you just do a mix off all of the existing sizes? Paying this kind of money, it should be possible to at least have an opportunity to buy a different size, and it cant be so difficult for you to make it to be honest.

Bare minimum is to answer all of us that obviously has a problem what the plan from you guys are. Will there be more sizes (or another solution) or should we just give up and buy something else?

During the two seconds that I actually could listen to music before they fell out I was really impressed by the sound and ANC, so I would love a solution to this problem!

wflowers
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2021

Same issues as everyone else. I've been extremely happy with the fit of my QC20s and SoundSport Wireless headphones, but the new earbud style on the QuietComfort just doesn't work. Like most people here, I have repeatedly tried all three sizes and I've tried various methods of putting them in and nothing works. It seems like the wing sizes don't match up properly, i.e. Size 2 wing feels like it should be on Size 1, and Size 3 wing tip should be on the Size 2. Also, the cone and all sizes seem wider and larger than the old style tips, making them feel less secure in my ear. As I said, the fit on the QC20s and SoundSport's works so well. I can put those in and violently shake my head without them moving one bit, but the QuiteComforts fall out even if I keep my head still. I would really like to hear if Bose has any plans of actually making new sizes, since the last response from them made it sound like they might investigate making changes. I'm going to start the return process if they aren't going to make any changes.

DrRave
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2021

I wish I had read this before. I think it’s the shape of the ear lobe that is the issue or rather the flaps. These fit well for my wife but for the life of me I could not make them stay in my ear. I went back to the Bose store and they refused to take it back, stating “this is not a technical issue”. I do not now what to do with them and I can’t use them. Any suggestions or a solution would be highly appreciated. Did anyone manage to fix their issue? 

Lokey Worlde
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Sport Earbuds

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version   4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

My issue is fit.  I have the Bose Soundsport Wireless.  I'm on my second pair actually.  I use the smallest tip that comes included.  I realize that the smallest tip on Sport Earbuds (the #1) is bigger than the smallest tip on Soundsport Wireless (or the old wired ones for that matter!).  Is there a comparable tip for the Sport Earbuds?  Also, why would you change the tips sizes?

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Vicky_W

Hello Lokey Worlde, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The StayHear™ Max tips are made from similar soft silicone material as the original StayHear+ tips and have a similar umbrella shape, which creates a gentle seal at the entrance of the ear canal for optimal audio performance. But the means of attachment are different; the StayHear™ Max eartips wrap around the earbud acoustic package, which allows the bud to sit closer to the head.

The new eartip design has the added benefit of creating a more airtight seal between the ear and the earbud, which results in better bass and overall audio sound.

If you have another pair of Bose earbuds that include Bose StayHear+ tips, the eartip size that you’re used to may be different with these updated eartips. Make sure you use the Bose Music app to go through the eartip-sizing tutorial. You may have to experiment to find the right size.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jviolante1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

I agree completely.  I am all in on Bose.  I have surround speakers, tower speakers, center channel and everything else.  I had the Apple older air pod design and they fit fine, but lacked what Bose gives in terms of quality especially noise cancelling on a plane!!!   I have tried every tip multiple times.  Sounds odd, but the left ear stays in great with a #2.  My right ear must be shaped differently and I can't get any of the 3 sizes to stay, it literally just falls out when there is jaw movement.  I am sadly returning today.  Last ditch effort is coming to this site for feedback before I head back to best buy

Becc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

Bose Sport - Need XS Earbud Tip

Bose Sport Earbuds do not fit similarly to their predecessor Bose SoundSport. I was looking forward to the upgrades features, but was disappointed that the size S ear tips were too big. When I found time to contact support they suggested I buy earbud tips from another company on Amazon. I requested a refund that was denied. If Bose could make an XS tip I would not need to buy a new pair of earbuds from a competitor. 

Howard B
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Good Evening

I recieved a set of Bose noise cancelling earpods today, which I have to say I am disappointed with. I did quite a bit of research prior to chosing these pods which were to replace my Bose QC35ii headphones.
They were very easy to pair with my iphone which was a positive. However no matter which silicoln earpiece i fitted to the earpods, the right one will not stay securely in place. I would not be happy walking outside with them on for fear of it falling out.
I have persisted with them over the past few hours, but have come to the conclusion they are not going to be any use to me. My wife has tried them and they seem to fit and stay in place for her.

Anyone else had this problem?