Aastor3
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I've had the same problems as everyone else. My earbuds will not stay in my ears. I've owned many Bose headphone products and I've never had this problem. I was ready to return my earbuds until I decided to try out replacement tips from Amazon. The replacement tips are exactly what I needed! The material of these tips are more like the material of my previous earbuds and therefore I'm now confident to go running with my earbuds. It's a shame that with the price I paid I couldn't get the product I expected. Instead I had to rely on a cheap brand from Amazon to make my product work correctly.

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

For $10 it's worth a shot since Bose seems to be ignoring this thread. I should get my replacement pair tomorrow and reply back if it works for me.

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

I received the replacement eartips that @Aastor3 mentioned. Below are the best images I could take to show the differences. I only checked the smallest size since that's what I need for my ears.
I'm surprised to say that overall these are a much better fit. With the OEM eartips the left earbud fit "ok" and the right earbud was not secure at all. Even sitting still with the OEM eartips the right earbud would fall out and need adjustment. With these replacement eartips the left earbud is super secure and it's not going anywhere even when I move around. Now the right earbud, with the replacement eartip, is what I would call "ok" or maybe a bit better. It seems very secure as I'm sitting here typing this. When I move around (aggressive jumping and shaking head) the right earbud still seems to move slightly and I believe I would have to adjust it every so often. However, it's a big improvement.
There are two main differences that I can see between the OEM and replacement eartips.

1. The rubber part that goes into your ear is noticeably shorter.  (Shown in image 1 and 2)
  2. The rubber part that goes into your ear is at a slightly different angle. (Shown in image 3)

For $10 and fast shipping I think these replacement tips are worth a try. If you were considering the hack where some people have cut down the part of the eartips that goes into your ear then don't. Maybe try the replacement eartips for $10 first. If it doesn't work then you've only lost $10 extra dollars and you can return the Bose earbuds undamaged.
Hope this helps someone.

Bose_QC_Earbud_Replacement1.jpgBose_QC_Earbud_Replacement2.jpgBose_QC_Earbud_Replacement3.jpg

plazaretos@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Sport Earbuds - Eartips

Hello 

Firmware Version

1.2.7-1268+787c799

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone 12 Max Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The eartips keep falling off...  PLease note that I used to own the Sportbuds and had no problem with them. I was wearing Large but even the smaller ones were not falling off. These fall off in any size, with the Large ones popping off the ear 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

plazaretos@hotmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

What is surprising here, is that there are 84 comments on the same subject and no response from Bose!!! Unbelievable! 

SilentStorm1
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Well, i think Bose finally heard our complaints with their tips. I just got an email from their team asking if I wanted to participate in new ear-tips sizes they are trying out for QC and SoundSport earbuds. Lets see how these new eartips are!

RoyalTea
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

That's great @SilentStorm1. I wish I could participate. I'm pretty sure I filled out the feedback form so I wonder how they selected testers.

Kistaraq
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

As I can see, as many others, I have problems with keeping the earbuds in my ears. What should I do?

Gabe777
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

So did anything come from these "try new eartips" offer ?

There are 2 issues I have with Bose.

1. They are not clear about the type of tips that ship with each model.

I see Stayhear, Stayhear+ and Stayhear Ultra...around the web. On the Bose site I only see Stayhear !

I have the original QC 20s and the Soundsport...with the single wire connecting them... and they both seem to use different tip types.

I have no clue which the new QC 2020s use !

If you wish to buy replacements you have no idea which you need.

2. Why have they bothered with 11 levels of ANC on the new QC buds, which nobody (!!!) needs ... yet only provide 3 sizes of tips ?

Bose are a British company... not some cheap Asian knock off outfit. Why are they so inefficient and opaque in this area ?

It seems like they skimped on the most important aspect of in ear buds.. and ironically, the cheapest.

They cost around 6 quid a pair...delivered. They probably cost 50 pence to make. Why aren't there 4 or 5 different sizes and colours ?

Sorry Bose, but given other companies have now caught up with the ANC technology..... if not surpassed it (debatably)... you will have to up your game or you will see your brand dissolve into a steaming pool of " has been."

un hombre
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

@Aastor3 , @RoyalTea - could you Please share the url to those replacement tips?

Or give me the name Of manufacturer and model name?

I am so desperate I am willing to import them from USA to Europe... I a,

m basically not using those earbuds since I bought them as it is too painful and they keep falling off...