penguinwoman
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport EarbudsSport Earbuds

I got my Sport Earbuds as a gift for Mother's Day and I was super excited to use them. I have the same problem everyone else has- THEY WON'T STAY IN!! I have tried all three sizes of tips and even different sizes for each ear, nothing has worked! I would love to keep them but unfortunately I think I will have to return them and go with another brand. It's really sad that Bose doesn't seem to want to help all of us and fix the problem. 

un hombre
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport EarbudsSport Earbuds

Will Bose address current low quality ear tips?

i have been offerred to test currently beta tested replacement tips for evaluation, but was refused because I live outside USA. 

Any updates?

Cstem
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2021

Re: Earbuds Falling Out - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I too was really frustrated and wondering how to return these QC Earbuds.

Super, super sound & great noise canceling, but if they fall out on a walk or run or in the street, they're pretty useless.

Here is the solution ----- and it's such a simple one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlvKL9va0g

Since watching this video, I'm back in business.  I hope it works for all of those of you who are frustrated to the point of taking them back!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
jcreed77
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

I am now finding the same problem. The issue is the dumb skirt on the ear bud. I had to cut it with scissors. That skirt pushes the earbud out of our ears. Did they never put them in their ears during testing? Other brands have a more round ear insert rather than this triangle style and they fit much better. Any update, @bose?

Think1st
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

The above video did absolutely nothing for me. I've tried every angle, twist, pushing them in harder. They are just terrible!

My Bose SoundSports were absolutely awesome!! They would never fall out or never feel like they were about to fall out.

You can't even walk down the street with these and feel reassured they won't just pop out of your ear and hit the pavement.

I waited a year and a half for these to come out.

First disappointment was the lack for colour choices.

After having to settle for black, this tip issue is just unbelievable, I just have no idea how Bose released these in this state.

I've tried everything mentioned anywhere online and it just comes down to being a bad design.

So disappointed!!

If they don't come up with a fix for these they are literally a $300 bit of unusable trash that is going to sit in the bottom of my tech draw.

Hi Vicky, could you please add me to your list as well.

Thanks

Vicky_W

@jcreed77, I am sorry that this did not work for you. @ Think1st I have added you to the list of users who would like a different size. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jcreed77
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Well, I'm going to have to return them and probably won't buy anymore Bose products because I like consistency in brand, but if they do fix them I may reconsider coming back, we'll see.

Vicky_W

@jcreed77, I am sorry to hear this. Be assured if we have any feedback from the development team we will be sure to post it here in the Community Forums. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mitka
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2017

Yep, the skirt definitely seems to be the problem. In addition to the skirt size, I think the material is too hard so it can't really squish. The old material was more malleable and it seems to be a bit slippery maybe from my skin's oil, however, this was not the case with the old material.

un hombre
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Yes, material is definitely the problem. Not the size, but material. It is too hard and slippery. 
qc20 ear tips are exemplary and Bose should just stick to what worked and was brilliant, instead of reinventing the wheel. 

Could I be sent the currently tested replacement tips to Ireland? My earphones are gathering dust since I bought them as it is impossible for me to use them comfortably.