Mr Disappointed
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I have noticed that Bose has decided not to address this post. I guessbwe must be in the minority that they're willing to loose as customers. 

At the very least, make a generic statement

They have answered most other concerns!!.

Charlotte_G

Hey everyone, thanks for posting in this discussion, I hope you are all keeping safe!

I'm sorry that you seem to be having a problem with the fit of your new QuietComfort Earbuds. Besides that, I hope you are enjoying them. 🙂

I just wanted to jump in and let you know that we are listening and I will be passing along your feedback to the appropriate team. There currently aren't any additional StayHear Max tip sizes besides 1, 2, and 3, but do be sure to try them all out. Additionally, check out our guide on how to correctly fit the earbuds 👉 Wearing and adjusting your earbuds.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
TheWarrior97
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Trimming does "help" but that material is much stiffer and slicker, so the ear gets sore after a bit anyways.  Unfortunately I didnt think the call quality was good either, the original bose Bluetooth headset v1 and 2 sounded WAY better to the person receiving the call. Man I had been waiting for a year for these.  I even tried custom putty but they wouldn't fit in the case to charge.  How often does bose release updated tech...is it annually?  Should I wait a year or purchase a different brand?

ABM88
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

I don't think anyone would have gone through the effort of finding this community, looking for a post about the fit, and posting, if they hadn't already tried all the sizes and looked at the info on proper fit.

It's the same concept as multiple other products Bose has issued over the past several years, and almost everyone posting here pointed out that they've used some of those other products and that these clearly do not fit as well as any of those.  We know what we're talking about; we've been wearing your products almost daily.

Just another embarrassing miss for Bose in the QC earbuds, on top of the lack of volume control or ability to switch devices.  67 days left in my return window and I hope Bose commits to fixing these obvious mistakes before then.

P.S. even this community has multiple issues.  "Keep me signed in" doesn't actually keep me signed in; "I'm not a robot" often fails even though it has a checkmark showing; and the captcha should know that my device isn't a robot after the first time I do it anyway.  Has Bose just completely given up on doing software or user experience correctly?

BoseAudioPhile
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

I am having the exact same issue. I just bought mine last weekend and I've used them several times and they constantly fall out. I tried all three sizes and followed the directions and nothing, so I did a search online for this issue and came across this thread. I have been very happy with every Bose product (and I own multiple) and was really excited when this one came out, but now I'm thinking of returning them. Bose should come out with ear tips with the same design as the ones of the other Bose in ear headphones that I love and at that point I will buy this product again. For now, this is a fail for Bose. You might get away with using them sitting down or laying down, but for any activity that requires more motion, forget it.

BoseAudioPhile
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Maybe consider making a new set of tips in the same shape and of the same material as the other models. This will probably solve this issue for those of us for whom the current ear tips do not work. 

un hombre
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Hi, 

it is not about sizing, sizing is not a problem. 

the problem is the slippery material of the tips which makes those earbuds fall off the ears. 

bose qc10 tips were ideal for my ears, the material was rubbery/silicon and it stayed in the ear no matter what I did. 

Please make qc10 tips for qc earbuds!

Alan__
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Bose, Please advise what my return for a refund options are if my local store wont accept returns due to 'hygiene' reasons.

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread.

We appreciate and are listening to your feedback but would love more of it. We have set up a survey here to help gather more information on the fit of the QC and Sport Earbuds.

We want to ensure we fully understand your concerns, so the more detailed information you can provide us about your experience the better. As always, we are dedicated to making sure that everyone can have the best possible experience with their Bose products.

In the meantime, we do have some resources that may be helpful for some people experiencing trouble with fit or comfort. Please see our article on wearing and adjusting your earbuds here.

You may also find the below gifs helpful.

Rotate the Earbud

Make sure you rotate the earbud back for a tight, comfortable seal. Background noise should sound muffled.

revel_revel_fitment_instruction_rotate_earbud.gif

Tuck the Eartip Wing

Make sure you tuck the eartip wing under your ear ridge.

revel_revel_fitment_instruction_tuck_eartip.gif

Additionally, we have the YouTube video below on getting the proper fit for your StayHear Max Tips.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rockmanlinux
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

I have complete opposite experience.  Love these tips and the ANC etc is unreal.  I'd verify your doing this correctly.  Perhaps video it and verify on another video on youtube?