rockmanlinux
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Re: Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

Have you tried putting a larger tip on the ear that it falls out on?

AshleyM
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

So my problem is pretty much the same. I got these delivered over the weekend and I was so excited but disappointed. I guess my boyfriend and I are smaller than the Bose sample size of ears. He is 5’8, a 200lb person with what we thought was a huge head and I am about 5’4 125lbs and the smalls are too big for me.  He said the medium tips were too big for his ears but the smalls are a little better but still cause discomfort. The width of the small tips hurt my ears because the only way to keep them in my ear canal is to shove the humongous tips into my canal which make my ear canal burn because it’s pushing against the sides of my ear. The little hooks don’t hold on enough to fight the ear tips being pushed out of my ear canal. My hair caught the earbud and pulled it right out even after using the hook correctly. I’ve tried every angle possible just in case I was wrong. I wish it was just me doing it wrong but it appears they’re just too big. I’m most likely going to return if I can’t find smaller tips that fit my ears. BOSE!!!! Please give me a smaller option, I don’t want to return but I will if I have to. These are are way too expensive to sit all day with a burning ear sensation. I’m so disappointed because I feel like these weren’t made for everyone, only giants. 

Steveoz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Wow, OK seems I am not alone!

I felt so strongly about the terrible fit I had to register and post, then I found this thread.

I was super excited to order and get my new QC earbuds, but as soon as I opened the packet and slotted them in (yes Bose, I’ve tried all the tips, watched the videos, and the tips) I have come to the conclusion Bose new tips are a failure.

I bought bose over other brands because I was banking on the for being 100% like my old soundsport, but I couldn’t have been more wrong.

The shape has changed, the sizing has also changed when comparing them (the new sizes have less of a tip on the wing, and an annoying chunky rounded edge). The material is far too stiff and rubbery, as well as this they are thicker.

The end result is that the tips do not tuck in where they are supposed to without discomfort, and I have to jam them in my ears at a more severe angle just to try and keep them in my ears. This coupled with the horrible new material and shape leads to an i comfortable experience and the buds feeling like they are constantly trying to fall out.

I’m on the verge of filing for a return and sticking with my old soundsport.

seriously disappointing.

silvrnblack138
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Thanks for the advice! Any pointers on how best to trim them? All 3 sizes fall out of my left ear within 10 seconds. Side by side with my old Soundsports, the material is definitely way slicker. 

I'd like to do the same thing but scared to do so, as I just dropped $300 on them yesterday. 

I've used Bose solely for 20 years as they've always fit like a glove. They're literally the only tips that stay in my ears so I'm heartbroken that Bose has ignored all the pleas of loyal users to remedy this.

I don't know how many more times I can hear customer support say "well try different sizes and rotate them".....like DUH we're not all just idiots. Most of us have used Bose for years. Its beyond infuriating to be brushed off and given this demeaning and unhelpful response. 

BOSE PLEASE LISTEN TO THE 1000s OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS AND DO ANYTHING REMOTELY HELPFUL ALREADY!

CTnOk
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

I have spent hours trying many different methods and all 3 tips but to no avail as the left earbud will not stay in. 
After 25 years of purchasing Bose products this will be the first I return. 

ATTN Bose! I think you successfully launched a great product that does not work as advertised. 

Too add insult to injury when the left earbud would fall out it sounded like a sonic boom in the right earbud and it would have to be removed just from the discomfort of the roar. 

TheWarrior97
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for doing the survey.  Can you also add to it a question about the material differences which I believe is half the problem for me.  The new material is VERY slick and stiffer...so it springs out of my ear quickly.  The wing slips back and flips out of my ear while the cone pushes out of my ear canal.  The QC 20's was made from more flexible material that had more friction (sticky feeling) as well.  If you had the qc20 tips packaged with the qc earbuds, I would have kept them.

LarAar
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

I am having the same problem.  My new QC earbuds with the large tips (the best size for me) are not secure enough.  By contrast, my Bose wired sports earbuds with the large tips are very secure and comfortable.  There seem to be two issues:  

1. The material of the tips included with the QC earbuds is too slick. Perhaps if Bose would provide tips that use the same material that they use for the sports earbud tips, that would help.
  2. The curvature of the large tip is different than the curvature of the large tip on the sports earbuds. Perhaps it would help to provide a QC tip that has the same curvature as the sports earbuds tips.  

I am looking forward to improved tips to help keep my QC earbuds in place.  The audio quality of these earbuds is truly amazing.

jobinbabu36@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

I have the same problem. I tried three of them , smallest one is good for my ear. But I feel pain in ears after some hours. Otherwise it's a perfect choice

Persason
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Hi there I recently got the new QC earbuds and while they sound great my issue with them is that the new ear-tips are very uncomfortable. My old QC 20 and QC30 tips are far more comfortable.

I have tried all three sizes and ended up picking the smallest one, despite the hook not fitting sufficiently by being too small. 

It seems as if this new silicone is stiffer and thicker than the previous softer one Bose used. This results in the earbuds gradually pushing themselves out and inducing pain already after 10 minutes of usage. Using bigger tips just results in more pain...

Any plans on making a new pair of silicone tips that are thinner/softer?

Persason
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Great I am not alone.

The silicone is thick and hard making them uncomfortable to use. My old QC30 is far more comfy. Also they want to fall out of my ears.