Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longtimeBoser
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Compatible bluetooth transmitter for Quietcomfort earbuds?

Has anyone been successful in pairing their QCs with another device through a bluetooth transmitter?  Mine won't connect with our Samsung TVs or Sony AV system, making them semi-usable at best.  And I'm particularly interested in a compatible portable transmitter to use to connect with the media systems on airplanes - to me, one of the most useful functions of my long-owned QC20i earbuds.

Thanks for any info -

Country  U.S.

Firmware Version current

App Version Current

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung, Sony, etc

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce N/A

What environment do you experience the issue in? N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? N/A

Any troubleshooting steps you took N/A

2 REPLIES 2
longtimeBoser
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Re: Compatible bluetooth transmitter for Quietcomfort earbuds?

UPDATE

In case anyone is interested, after quite a bit of research I bought an AirFly Pro bluetooth adapter.  It works very well, and connects and works with the Quietcomfort earbuds okay.  It's not a cheapo, but it's a quality item.

So, it should make these earbuds usable with in-flight media systems, important to me on US-Europe flights once travel resumes.  Also, it will be useful for other devices with analog output that, despite their fine bluetooth capability, are rejected by Bose (like Samsung TVs and Sony AV receivers, etc).

So, this provides a working in-flight solution that all wireless headphones need in one way or another.  But in no way does it excuse the blatant software/hardware connectivity defects that Bose is clearly awahas failed to remedy.  Good to know though that if/when I return these defective earbuds I will be able to use whatever wireless ones I end up with.

mapa101
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2021

Re: Compatible bluetooth transmitter for Quietcomfort earbuds?

I was going to post How you pair the QC earbuds to the airfly - read some other posts but still not sure - can you help??

Phil