ilovemypinktutu
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Connecting to QC Earbuds while on Zoom kills the computer

Whenever I try to connect to QC Earbuds while I'm in a Zoom meeting, my computer just completely shuts down and then restart. Once it's restarted, Bluetooth on my computer is disabled and I cannot able it again until I restart the computer multiple times. 

This problem happens with both iMac and MacBook Pro. I tried resetting the earbuds and my firmware are up to date (I double checked and talked to a representative, too). 

This problem doesn't happen if I connect to QC Earbuds first, and then go into a Zoom meeting. 

Also, I was in a Zoom meeting with QC Earbuds connected, after 30-ish minutes all of a sudden people could not hear me. This happened multiple times. On Zoom, it shows as if I'm still speaking (not muted and sound bar goes up and down when I speak) but no one could hear me. This never happened with my QC headphones but I already experienced it with QC Earbuds many times. It's so annoying. 

I wonder if anyone has the same issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Connecting to QC Earbuds while on Zoom kills the computer

Hey there, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a strange issue with your earbuds when using Zoom. 

You have attempted some great steps so far, which I am surprised haven't resolved this issue for you. I'd recommend testing the headset with another call platform, as well as a non-Apple PC if possible. 

I'd also like to know if any other users have had this experience with a Mac and Zoom? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RVTZoomFatigue
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Zoom kicks my Soundsport connection off iMac

Have been using my SoundSport wireless headphones for months with iMac on Zoom without issue. All of a sudden, every time I try to use for Zoom it comes up with an error and disconnects the headphones from my iMac. Have updated the headphones to no avail. Have tried unpairing, repairing, etc. Nothing works and super frustrated!

ilovemypinktutu
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Re: Zoom kicks my Soundsport connection off iMac

I have QC earbuds and have been experiencing the same issue. Whenever I'm on Zoom and try to connect to the earbuds, it literally just shuts down my computer. Super frustrating. 

ilovemypinktutu
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Re: Connecting to QC Earbuds while on Zoom kills the computer

I only own IOS devices and it would be useless if earbuds only work well with non IOS devices. 

It seems like there's another post saying that using Zoom and earbuds crashes the computer. 

Jessie_O

Re: Zoom kicks my Soundsport connection off iMac

Hey Both, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earphones and your Mac. This is most unusual.

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the earphones by following the instructions which are outlined HERE for SoundSport Wireless and HERE for QC Earbuds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your source device as well and then reconnect like a new connection. 

I would also recommend rebooting your Mac to make sure there is no issue there. If you are using the App version of Zoom, make sure you are running the most recent version. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!