mchopra
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

Cracking noise on calls on QC earbuds

Hi

i just got myself the new QC buds and facing cracking noise when making calls on WhatsApp. But don’t face such issues when listening to music. 

any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Cracking noise on calls on QC earbuds

Hey mchopra, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to the Community for support. I'm sorry to read that you are running into some odd crackling when making calls. 

Can you please let us know if this issue persists only when making WhatsApp calls or with all calls? I'd also like for you to test the earbuds with another device to see if the same call issue persists. 

If it does a great first step for us to take is to perform a reset on the headset via these steps here

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mchopra
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

thanks for your revert.

i reset the buds. but the issue is still there.

i tried on iphone and samsung and both had same result.

issue is with whatsapp and normal calls also.

however, no such issue is there when listening to music

Regards

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this mchopra, sorry to hear that the reset didn't resolve this for you. 

Let's also ensure that the earbuds are up to date. The easiest way to do this is through the Bose Music app. Alternatively, connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Should the issue persist after the update, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team via this link here to explore service options.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
mchopra
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

Thanks for your guidance.

the buds were updated to the latest software version.

Unfortunately, the issue is still there and not solved. The cracking noise is still there on Andriod and IoS even after all these steps.

I am wondering if anyone else also faced a similar issue?

I am quite surprised how these earbuds weren't tested before release?

Not happy with this kind of product quality.

Regards

Jeff_G

Hello mchopra, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear the issue still persists. Moving forward, as troubleshooting has been exhausted, but I'd recommend reaching out to local support via this link to seek an exchange.

I appreciate you're disappointed this has happened, but can assure you a lot of testing goes into a product before it is released to the public. This would not have been a problem that occurred during testing and is likely to be an isolated incident. Remember, our products come with lifetime technical support and a limited warranty so if service is ever required, our service teams are happy to help! 😊

Kind regards.