Florent
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Critical issue with the charging case (QC Earbuds)

Hello,
As much as I am satisfied with the quality of the sound and the noise reduction of my QC Earbuds, I am also disillusioned by the unreliability of the whole 😓.

The first copy purchased: out of order after a few weeks (suddenly the right earpiece stopped working). Service change.

On the second copy, no bluetooth disconnection when the headsets are closed in the box. Problem solved with the help of the community (long press 25s on the button of the box)

And now the second copy has a malfunction in the charging case. On several occasions I noticed that the white charging leds suddenly go from 3 to 0. We think we have enough battery, and bam short of battery!

When the led battery indicators of the case are off, I plug the case to charge it, they light up directly on the 2nd or 3rd led !!?? 😲 🤔

This problem is apparently not isolated, other similar cases read on Bose Reddit community.

Frankly, such problems are unacceptable for the price paid. (Please don't ask me if the Earbuds are up to date, reset. Everything is OK at this level)

I really don't want to continue like this with A / R after-sales service every 3 weeks ... You understand?
Thank you for your attention.

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Critical issue with the charging case (QC Earbuds)

Hey @Florent, thanks for posting! 

It's awesome that you're enjoying the sound and ANC quality of your QuietComfort Earbuds. I'm really sorry that you've had some issues so far, but I'd love to help with the current problem of the charging case. 

Resetting and ensuring the latest firmware is installed is great. It would be beneficial to know more about how the case is being charged. Are you using the Bose supplied USB-C charging cable? What power supply are you using? (Directly into a USB port, an AC plug, etc)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Florent
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Hello, yes the firmware is up to date and I am using the usb-c cable provided by Bose.
The problem is not the loading of the box (I manage to load the 5 leds). But it is once the box is loaded that there is then a malfunction. For example, I will go directly from 3 leds lit to 0 ... I think it is therefore a problem of reliability of the led indications or of abnormal discharge of the case.
Thank you. Cordially.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Florent. 

As the issue still persists after all troubleshooting, I would recommend that you reach out to us via the Contact Us page on your regional Bose website here. The team will be able to provide you with all the service options that we can offer for the earbuds. I'm sorry that you have had this unexpected experience with your last set of these earbuds. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!