Highlighted
Pohattensis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

DISAPPOINTED WITH LOW VOLUME ON iPhone 8

I expected a better sound/volume level from Bose. Why with volume on max difficult to hear?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: DISAPPOINTED WITH LOW VOLUME ON iPhone 8

Hello Pohattensis, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headset's volume, I would love to assist you with this. 

So that I can provide you with the correct information can you please confirm which in-ear headphones you have? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answer to this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Pohattensis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

On Jan 7, 2020, at 3:01 PM

Good Afternoon, 
My 3rd response, 
I purchased (2) of the Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds for myself & a gift to a family member. I thought the sound and volume would be phenomenal but my iPhone 8 Plus is louder all by itself without the Bluetooth option.  Needless to say as I stated I was very disappointed. We have a Bose Wave and I thought the sound & volume would be exceptional.

K. W.
Highlighted

Hi Pohattensis,

Thank you for providing us with that information.

It is sometimes possible for the volume level on your iPhone and the headphones to become out of sync. As such I would recommend increasing the volume using the controls on your headphones, as well as the volume level on the iPhone, to make sure you are getting the correct volume level.

It would also be worth us checking the firmware on your headphones is fully up to date. You can do this with the Device Updater on a computer, by following the on-screen instructions.

If you still feel the volume is too low after doing this, you can try resetting your headphones. To do this you would want to: 

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Turn the headphones on and test.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Pohattensis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Tried a your suggestions Keith L. and nothing has changed. Wish I had known before I purchased (2) Soundports.

Highlighted

Hi Pohattensis,

Thank you for trying that and letting us know.

The next thing, I would recommend doing with your headphones, is checking for and installing any available updates. You can do this on a computer using our Device Updater, by following the on-screen instructions.

If you still find the audio to be lower than you would expect, it would also be a good idea to connect the headphones to another Bluetooth device and see if the volume remains the same. If it does not, there may be a setting on the iPhone that is limiting the available volume.

If the volume is the same on multiple devices, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you with this further. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L