Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Bose SoundSport Free Audio Lag Issues

Hello Bose Community,

Is there any update by the Bose team on the Audio Lag issues? For me personally, it has been a strange issue. I originally had this issue and had my earbuds replaced. I no longer had the lag issues with my Google Pixel phone. When I purchased a new phone (Pixel 3a), I started having the audio lag issues again. I have been told by support the only option I have is to again replace the earbuds and that the development team is looking into this. That was about a month ago. It really seems like there is no traction on this issue and it is frustrating because I love these earbuds, they are great when they work. I would love to not have to switch to different listening devices when watching YouTube or using other applications. 

Is there any update whatsoever that can be given about this?

Thanks,

A Concerned Customer

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Re: Did bose fix audio Lag issue for SoundSport free ?

I have the soundsport earbuds also. I paired it with all my apple products. Primary I use it with my iPhone X Max. Anytime I’m a call,  there is no lag on games and video. As soon as I disconnect the call, the latency starts again. I wish I could call myself. Lol. Can you make the bugs think they’re on a call all the time?  If so, my earbuds would work perfect. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

That makes sense. The right ear recieves the call audio, and the left side doesnt have to use the algorithm to sync with the right side for game audio, so less lag. Still  Bose, if youre listening. Please stop making excuses and fix it. I got my pair for free from someone who hated them. So, I can't complain much. Works when watching movies mostly, sucks for making music. Great for running. 6.6/10.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Re: Bose SoundSport Free Audio Lag Issues

The issue is definitely NOT fixed. Considering it's a manufacturing fault, it's a pretty shamoblic rollout and damage control for a top brand. I will be recommending Senheiser from now on, and for an extra few $ it's worth the patronizing that I've recieved from the Bose reps (who are very polite when they tell me they are 'sorry' and it's probably 'just my pair' and 'a fix is coming soon'). I was a devout Bose customer, but will be hitting youtube to voice my complaints. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I have a strange experience when pairing with different divices. The audio lag when watching youtube from my Huawei phone and Ipad Pro is significantly obvious (Using Youtube Apps). However, there is no audio lag watching youtube on my Macbook (2011 model) using google web browser. 

When I play video files on Macbook using VLC video player the lag is present. When I play the same video using Quicktime player, the lag is gone. 

I suspect it's not only Bose side updated their firmware but the video apps like Youtube mobile apps also one of a factor to the audio lag.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I tried it in YouTube and Netflix but it has the problem only in YouTube, in In Netflix it works well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Hi all,

I think I found a solution to the audio/video stutter I noticed on one of my Android devices: a Huawei MediaPad M5. Note that the stuttering appears in Youtube and VLC (haven't tried any other apps), and it only does so on certain devices - on my Pocophone F1 for example everything is fine.

It appears that Bluetooth streaming is done via the AAC codec, which is not well supported on Android and may cause performance issues on certain low to mid tier devices. The solution is very easy and doesn't require any warranty voiding or third party app:

- Turn on developer options by going to Settings/System/About phone and tap the Build number 7 times. On the previous screen, you can now enter the Developer Options.

- Scroll down until you find the Networking tab, and in it the Bluetooth Audio codec. Switch from the default AAC to SBC and voilà. No reboot required, just try playing that Youtube video again. Night and day. Video is fluid and sound sync perfect.

I didn't notice any difference in audio quality, but I'm no expert. You are welcome Bose!

Highlighted

Hello Tomsgate, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

I am so happy to hear that you have found a workaround, thanks for sharing! 

I look forward to hearing how other community members get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

I came to same conclusion and posted about it.

Definitely related to the Codec. I don't mind using SBC if the lag is reduced.

How about updating the Bose app, so that the Codec (SBC and AAC) can be changed? Similar to the way the Sony noise cancelling headphones app work?

thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

I've been using Bose product for quite sometimes (my first product was IE2 V2 earphone), and I have no doubt on the sound technologies that came from Bose as it always on par. For me, this device only meant to "listening" music pleasure instead of video. But other brand that I bought (Jabra and also dirt cheap on AliExpress) with TWS technologies perform as expected. In coming call i can hear on both earphones and there is no lag on gaming, videos or whatsoever that i streamed on my phone. I can say, the other parties had more advance technologies on TWS thingy. Hopefully, Bose can fix this asap.

Regards,