Disappointed with Soundsport free.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Disappointed with Soundsport free.

Got a pair last week, The left one kept on dropping out and I thought it requires a firmware update. Went ahead and did the update, No good. Still drops out every now and then for 1-2 seconds, Sometimes it doesnt even come back, I have to let it auto shutdown and pull back again from the case and it will work...

I thought the model was faulty, So I swapped for another unit ( brand new one). After an hour of using my new SSF, No good again. Drops out one left again over and over. Did the firmware update, Still drops.

So i search the web looking for solution, Aparently I am not the only one with the issue, Good to know. Coming from BOSE, I am really really disappointed. I live in Australia and they cost around $300 aud here. Dont get me wrong. When they work, Its amazing. I love the sound clarity and perfect balance of high, mid and lows... The base is just good. Not too high not too low. It sucks and hurts that the drop outs are happening.

There is no word from Bose that if they are fixing it? or working on a fix ?

If been a while since these came out and if they haven't fixed it, I doubt they will even look in to it.

I am honestly looking to return these and get sennheiser momentum inear true wireless.

MODS: If you are going to tell me to repair, clear my list by holding the 10 sec bluetooth button, pair to one phone, Reset the device, Update the firmware to the latest... Please don't bother commenting. I have read enough forum posts to know that It doesn't work. I need the actual solution that works.

Thanks for reading.

3 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Soundsport free.

Yeah I mean you're not alone here. I'm really disappointed in these earbuds. Your issue might be because the right earbud transmits the audio for the left earbud in soundsport frees. I mean I don't have your specific issue a lot with my set, but I do have a lot of problems with how they have the Bluetooth set up in these earbuds and all the problems that are because of it. I feel like there's a lot of problems they could've fixed by just doing what everybody else is doing with Bluetooth instead of trying to do it another weird, problematic way.

Hi rdhalla,

Thanks for posting. I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we hear your concerns and know it’s frustrating when a product stops functioning properly. We stand by our products and have options available to assist you. If you have an issue that is not something which can be resolved via troubleshooting, we encourage you to reach out to our service team. They are equipped to assist in providing your service options and get you back up and running. Please click here and kindly select your region on the list for the best available contact information.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Hi Zweeg,

We have responded to your other post regarding your headphones that you can see HERE.

Regards,

Tony G