orlando-g
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Ear buds will charge while charging in is plug to electrical outlet

My earbuds aren't charging while in charging case without charging case been connected to electrical outlet.

Eventhough charging case indicator shows that it has enough "juice" to charge earbuds, these wont charge. I need to plug charging close to electrical outlet.

Regards,

Orlando

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Ear buds will charge while charging in is plug to electrical outlet

Hey Orlando,

Would you be able to specify the headphones that you're having charging issues with? Are these the SoundSport Free headphones?

To confirm, the buds do not charge when left in the charging case and instead, you have to connect the charging case directly to power at all times to charge? If so, have you been able to attempt a reset as shown HERE?

Also, when did you start noticing this charging issue?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
orlando-g
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Thanks for your reply. See below my responses to your questions:

Q - Are these the Sound Sport Free headphones?

A - Yes

Q - The buds do not charge when left in the charging case and instead, you have to connect the charging case directly to power at all times to charge?

A - Correct

Regards,

OG

Yes I have tried the reset.

orlando-g
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Sam_F, sorry didn't respond to your last question.

Q - When did you start noticing this charging issue?

A - Around a month ago.

Thanks,

O_G

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Orlando. 

Sorry to hear that the reset did not resolve this issue for you. Let's also try to update the headset/case to see if the same issue occurs. 

To perform the update connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our Online Updater and follow the on-screen instructions to update the headphones.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the update. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
orlando-g
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Earbuds have the latest firmware 2.8.0......

Charging case been charging for more than 24 hours and earbuds are showing only 90% of battery.

Regards,

OG

Charlotte_G

Thanks for letting us know. This certainly isn't normal.

As we have exhausted the troubleshooting available, I'd have to recommend that you contact local support in order to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.