Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grimley141
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Re: 2020 Earbuds 500 & 700?

I got tired of waiting and bought AirPods Pro. [EDIT: As I suspected, unlike the Bose StayHear Tips, the AirPods Pro tips didn’t fit securely, so I’m back again waiting for the Earbuds 500 & 700]

JavoCB
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

After waiting for Bose to release their 700 noise canceling earbuds, I’ve given up and bought another brand which has released their second version of tru wireless noise canceling earbuds. After listening for about half an hour, I really impressed with how the cancel noise and how good they sound.

This led me to a question that I think it is a tough one: how is Bose going to compete with these brands that have released at least two versions of their products and, obviously, have improved their performance? It is really a long way the have to be at the one of the top brands again.

If Bose reads this, please, do not release noise canceling earbuds that are behind today’s top brands, with 5 hours of battery life, and with a price of $499. It would simply not work as these specs have been improved by competitors.

AdamHurwitz
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

There's an exciting leak video of the 700 Earbuds that came up via my Google Alerts. This is promising as I estimate they will be available by EOY given the product showcased in the video is the real deal!

Grimley141
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Re: Earbud 500 and 700 release dates?

Since the Earbuds 500 were supposed to be released in 2019 and we haven’t heard anything from Bose about either product in 14 months, I guess it’s becoming more likely that both of these products have been quietly shelved.

If so, that would be a huge disappointment for two products that should’ve been the flagships of the Bose in-ear headphone lineup. For years I have been hoping that Bose would release a “Bose-quality” in-ear true wireless product, and then in June 2019 they announced not one but two. I was very excited on hearing the news. That we are now well over a year past that announcement and both of these products have seemingly vanished is a major disappointment.

Several times when people have asked about these products on these forums over the last year, the cut-and-paste response is “we have nothing to announce” which is not helpful since they have already been announced. Can you please provide an update? Are they cancelled? Should we look elsewhere for earbuds? We see other manufacturers releasing update after update to their earbuds line while we wait for a product from Bose that we aren’t sure will even be released.

Qlear
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

They look great. I can't wait!

Grimley141
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Both buds are up for preorder on the site. Ship date is September 29. Yay!

Caveman-74
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

LOL!!  I came straight here to say the same thing. I hate to say it, but nothing stays in my ears like the stayhear tips. As passed as I am at the delay, I may still end up making a purchase. 

Qlear
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Same here, I hate normal in-ear buds. I can't stand them. Bose's stayhear tips are the best for me. I'm so excited!

maxkelly22
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Looks like all shipping is backed up any orders made before September 28 will ship much later. I just called and they said they don’t expect mine to ship before Oct. 15th. New orders won’t make it out for shipping until 6-8 weeks. I love bose but woh, that’s a serious fumble.