dnpark
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Earbud serial numbers don't work on the Bose Product Registration page

My earbuds work great, but in trying to register them on the Bose Produce Registration website it kicks back both serial numbers and both 4-digit codes. 

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Earbud serial numbers don't work on the Bose Product Registration page

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Sorry to hear you are still having difficulties. 

It may be due to the codes being so new that these aren't registering in our system yet. What you can do is send us a direct message on Twitter (BoseService) or on Facebook, you can be put in touch with our UK support and an agent can get your product registered to your customer account if you wish. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Hi dnpark,

Sorry that you are experiencing issues in registering your earbuds. 

Can you let us know your country of residence and if you are trying to do this online? If so, is this on your regions Bose website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
dnpark
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

I am in the UK and yes trying to do it online. Not sure about the "regions" aspect. Thinking about it: the products purchased in the UK registered fine while my earbuds were purchased last Christmas in the US via Amazon. Perhaps that's what's tricky? 

Thanks for your response. 

PaulG
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

I too am having the same problem. I am in the UK and using the UK site.  The charging case registered fine using the serial number inside the box.  The 4 digit code 0xxL and 0xxR both gave the error message

We’re sorry, but we can’t seem to identify your product. Please double-check the unique ID number and try again.

tried using O instead of 0 but still same error message (for security reasons obviously omitted the actual characters for xx.... both were letters

Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Sorry to hear you are still having difficulties. 

It may be due to the codes being so new that these aren't registering in our system yet. What you can do is send us a direct message on Twitter (BoseService) or on Facebook, you can be put in touch with our UK support and an agent can get your product registered to your customer account if you wish. 

View solution in original post

anotherMarc
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

I had the same problem in the US using the US site.

dnc
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2021

Same problem here: in the US, using the US site, trying to "add a product" to my list.  This time, my venerable Blue Tooth Series 2 ear bud.  Been using it for a long time, still works great.

The code on the unit is "BT2R" but the "add to product"   option at:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/myaccount/add_product.html

does not recognize the code.