Country

USA 

Firmware Version

Not sure

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

iphone 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts.  When I pause the book or podcast, take my head phones out of my ear and put them in my pocket, the earbuds automatically start playing the book or podcast without me hitting play.  The only way I’ve found to stop this from happening is to turn off Bluetooth on my phone.  Is there another way to avoid this issue?  

What environment do you experience the issue in? Whenever I hit pause button and have earbuds in close proximity to my phone.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wvabroad
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Re: Earbuds start playing after pausing

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wvabroad

thanks for your response.  Yes I’m within 10m  so I think that’s probably the answer.  Just put them in the case and close it.  Many thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Hello Wvabroad, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear your headphones are connecting to your phone when you would not like them to. Before we look into troubleshooting and dig into this further, can I please confirm if the headphones are in the case when this happens?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Wvabroad
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Thanks for replying.  No they are not in the case when they start playing.  Usually, I wear them to work and when I take them out to put them in my locker, I also put my phone in the locker.  So the headphones and the phone are right on top of each other.  That's usually when this happens.  I will have hit the pause button on the book, but come back and hour or two later and the book has been playing the whole time. 

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this information for us. 

We do recommend that when you’re not using the earbuds, store them in the charging case, this will ensure the headphones are turned off. Standby mode conserves the earbud battery when the earbuds are out of the case and not in use, which I believe is what you are trying to achieve here whilst you place your headphones in your locker. The earbuds switch to standby when you remove both earbuds from your ears for 20 minutes. In order to wake the earbuds, insert both earbuds in your ears or use the Bose Music app.

Are you in the 10m Bluetooth range of your headphones when you place these in the locker? Have you used the Bose Music app whilst they're placed in the locker?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Wvabroad
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wvabroad

thanks for your response.  Yes I’m within 10m  so I think that’s probably the answer.  Just put them in the case and close it.  Many thanks for your help!

View solution in original post