Highlighted
18rabbits
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Earphones not connecting to laptop and calling it wrong name

I have the quietcontrol30 earphones, and although I've had some issues with connection in the past, I usually turn my earphones off for a little while and it resolves itself. 

My laptop is a macbook air. Recently when I've tried to connect the two, they refuse to connect. I tried properly disconnecting them to try again, but now they won't pair. On top of that, my earphones are calling my macbook "BCM20702B0 Generic USB Class 1" even though I know it's named "[my name]'s MacBook Air".

Any advice to get them connected again and rename the macbook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Earphones not connecting to laptop and calling it wrong name

Author Accepted Answer selected by 18rabbits

Hello 18rabbits, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your headphones, as well as your MacBook being identified as a different name. 

What I'd firstly suggest is that you check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Following this, I would remove your headphones off of your computers Bluetooth list. This can be forgotten through your devices Bluetooth settings. Then continue to clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones. 

• Power off your product
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until your hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Do let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by 18rabbits

Hello 18rabbits, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry that you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your headphones, as well as your MacBook being identified as a different name. 

What I'd firstly suggest is that you check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Following this, I would remove your headphones off of your computers Bluetooth list. This can be forgotten through your devices Bluetooth settings. Then continue to clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones. 

• Power off your product
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until your hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Do let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

18rabbits
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Thanks Tegan! I had tried removing from the bluetooth list a number of times and it hadn't worked. However, I just tried updating my headphones and it worked straight away!