Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Earphones stopped working

I was using my earphones and they just shut off and will not come back on. When I plug the power cord in a red light comes on and then goes off.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Earphones stopped working

Hey @Chevyman0921,

Welcome to the Bose Community! 

Sorry to hear that your headphones are no longer working. Could you please let us know which model you have? If you're unsure you can use our product finder.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Hi,

I have the same problem as Chevyman.  My SoundSports just inexplicably stopped working yesterday.  They were working fine for the last four months (they were a Christmas present) and then all of a sudden they died, and when I plug them in, the orange light flashes but it doesn't accept a charge.  Pretty disappointing.  

Highlighted

Hey @tkstevenson,

Thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Community.

I'd love to help with your SoundSport's power issue also. Could you please let me know which model you have? You can use the link above if you're unsure.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to recommend the following steps to see if we can get this issue resolved.

First, reset your headphones by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Then, visit btu.bose.com on your computer to check for any firmware updates.

Should the issue persists, please reach out to local support in order to explore your service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Yeah, that didn't work.  I guess I'll have to call tomorrow.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Good day!

I have the same problem but with the wired SoundSport earphones (8LAV, purchase receipt dated 10.04.19). Worked perfectly fine in the morning, left them in a pocket as usual while at work, got out few hours later and the right bud was not working at all (not even breaking up kind of a sound coming out). No wear and tear since last year, quality was amazing the whole time, and there was no accident to cause them to break 😞

Is there anything that could be done through warranty?

Thank you so much in advance and kind regards!

Highlighted

Hey @viccrux,

That sounds like a very strange issue! Especially considering the care you've taken.

What I would suggest is to try all troubleshooting provided in this thread so far. If you find that things do not improve, please reach out to us directly. Alternatively, you can visit our self-service portal to proceed with the service options available. That will help you find a resolution to your situation - but let me know how things go!