Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Extremely Disappointed - QC Earbuds

I purchased the QC Earbuds earlier this week and am about to return them as they have been nothing but bad.

1. Switching between bluetooth connected devices

The phone app shows the different connections associated with my headphones, but provides no ability to seamlessly flip between them. I have to disconnect from my phone, disconnect from my laptop, then RE-PAIR with my laptop to switch. This is unacceptable.

2. Connection quality

The connection quality can be terrible at times. I'm listening to music right now with 95% battery, but you'd think that the headphones were running on empty with how poor the quality is. This happens with both my mac and my PC, and only seems to get better with my iPhone. Don't even try to use these headphones to play video games. The audio lag is unbearable. 

3. Tap features don't work

Tap to switch song - doesn't work.

Tap to pause song - sometimes works

How hard is this to get right?

Planning on returning these headphones and give them a 1/5. Sad, because my in-ear bose headphones are top tier.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Extremely Disappointed - QC Earbuds

Hello kmc357, 

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed by the new QC Earbuds. 

I can confirm the Earbuds can be paired with up to 7 devices. They will always try to connect to the last paired device. You do not need to re-pair if you wish to switch to a different device.

If you are experiencing latency with audio, I recommend resetting the Earbuds. Instructions can be found here. This will resolve latency issues in most cases. 

With regards to touch controls, please find a list of available input commands here. A tap will not pause or switch the song. Be sure to double-tap the right earbud to invoke play/pause controls. Track forward/back is not possible via the touch controls. You can, however, use the voice assistant on your device to manage these commands. E.g, touch and hold the right earbud until you hear a tone, then release and say "Skip forward" or "Skip back".

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

There is no doubt that people can end up with bad products. I am in no way telling you that you aren't experiencing these issues legitimately. What am I saying is that I am not gettjng these issues. While these earphones aren't perfect, forwarding the track, sounf quality, and comfort arent among the short comings. The touch controls work perfect and I barely touch the surface and it registers the touches. And dohble tapping for pauses works just as impressive. I will say if you are talking about the sport model ..i did experiece the touch controls issues but its not with the QC model on my model. So you might want to give it another try and exchange them because for me these are as magical as I have ever experienced in sound quality and comfort. Its truly a nirvana moment when I use these and I hope you get to experience the same level if you exchange them. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Hey Jeff 

can you explain how to cycle through paired devices by pressing the button on the charging case? I’m unable to manage that and I cannot find any information on this in the manual.

thank you!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Hi Jeff, you are providing conflicting statements compared to other moderators. Can you confirm the process for switching between 2 previously connected devices. Other moderators confirm that you must disable the Bluetooth on the connected source then connect from the new source. No one has said you can switch using the case. This is very confusing.

Highlighted

Hello Omoser, and Earle Wallbank, 

My apologies, there was an error in my earlier response regarding switching which has now been rectified. 

We have a thread which answers questions about Bluetooth switching on the QC Earbuds here, which I would encourage you to check out and participate in if you have any questions specific to this. 

@kmc357, I'm sorry to hear you're unable to pair your headphones after performing a reset. This certainly shouldn't be happening. Once reaching step four of the instructions, did you ensure the Earbuds were removed from the app before trying to set them up again as a new device? You also need to make sure the headphones no longer appear on your device's standard Bluetooth settings menu.

If you have any further issues, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

So glad I sent mine back.