antmakov
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Fake SoundSport Free wireless headphones

I purchased a weeks ago a pair of Bose SoundSport Free wireless headphones from eBay. When I got them I noticed an issue with them after a few weeks. When I got a phone call I was not able to listen the caller from the left ear bud. 

I was able to register the headphones in Bose website and I discovered that the warranty has been expired. I was not able to return the item because it has been several weeks since I got them. 

I have decided to list them on eBay and I also described the issue I had with them earlier. Yesterday when the buyer got them, he send me a message, saying that this pair of headphones are fake. 

He stated "Also inside the Bose app. It shows them. As not connected."

When I used them I paired them with the app without a problem.

My question is, is it possible the pair I sold him is fake, I managed to register them on Bose website. There are many people on eBay (not sure if it's this buyer) who can return me a fake pair instead of the one that I send him. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Fake SoundSport Free wireless headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by antmakov

If you can connect your headphones to the Bose Connect app then these will be a real pair of these headphones. 

As for registering the serial number, we have seen that these can be copied onto fake products. I'd suggest that you attempt connecting to the Bose Connect app, if this is possible you can prove that your serial number is in fact linked to your product,

Tegan

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_G

Hello antmakov, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The key things to be aware of here: 

1. The headphones do not allow you to make calls in the left ear. That is normal behavior and is a limitation based on the delay in audio transmission from the headphones to the right (master) earbud, which is then exacerbated by sending the audio from the right to the left bud. 

2. If the headphones are fake, they will not show up in the Bose Connect app at all. If they appear in the app, they are a legitimate pair. 

3. Registration may not always be available as warranty is read from the date of manufacture. Products purchased from eBay (third party sellers) are not covered by warranty.

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
antmakov
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

If I was able to connect them with official  Bose (both iOS and Android) and I was able to register them in Bose website does that means that this pair is original and not fake?

Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by antmakov

If you can connect your headphones to the Bose Connect app then these will be a real pair of these headphones. 

As for registering the serial number, we have seen that these can be copied onto fake products. I'd suggest that you attempt connecting to the Bose Connect app, if this is possible you can prove that your serial number is in fact linked to your product,

Tegan

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Keith_L

Hello!

Thanks for posting! We are contacting you today regarding your username. As your username contains an email address it is not in line with our community guidelines.

Community Guideline 4: Protect privacy - yours and that of others. Don't share anything about yourself, your organization, or other people that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. This includes products’ serial numbers. Also, don't post personal information -your own or anyone else's- including contact information, such as an email address or phone numbers, or any content you receive in private communications without the author's consent. Keep in mind that this includes transcripts and direct copies of private interactions with customer service agents.

We have changed your name to 'antmakov' for now, could you please respond to this message with the username you would like to use instead if you would prefer something else, we would be happy to update this for you.

You can find our full Community Guidelines HERE.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Community Admin

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!