Ramyramlawy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Find my buds for sound sport free not working

After updating to iOS 13 find my buds not works because location services is set to ask and not changing to always, when changes it to always and go back it becomes ask again.

My ear buds is up to date with firmware 2.6.0, Bose connect app is latest version 9.0.1

My iPhone XS is up to date with iOS 13.1.2

Thanks,

Regards,

Ramy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramyramlawy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Re: Find my buds for sound sport free not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ramyramlawy

Problem solved after deleting Bose connect app and install it again.

thanks,

regards,

Ramy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Hello Ramy, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with FindMyBuds on your iPhone Xs. 

Could you please try adjusting the location services preference through the iPhone settings. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Bose Connect > Select While Using the App or Always. 

If this preference does not stick, please try restarting your iPhone and trying again.

I have tested this here also with an iPhone Xs running iOS 13.1.2 and I was successful in locating the SoundSport Free's. My phone is set to "While Using the App".

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ramyramlawy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ramyramlawy

Problem solved after deleting Bose connect app and install it again.

thanks,

regards,

Ramy

View solution in original post

boku1
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I checked my iPhone 11 Pro Max (iOS 13.6) , but I don't see "Bose Connect" in "Location Services"...

SOundSport Free: Firmware version: 2.8.0

Bose Connect App version: 12.0.1

Kallum88
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

I’ve lost my earbuds within my house and cannot for the life of me hear them when searching for my buds. I think they’re within the charging case but the noise emitted doesn’t seem nearly loud enough for me to find them (if any at all).  Is there any other option. It’s been almost two weeks and I’m missing them. They still have 80% battery so I can keep looking for a while. I could even update them if a new update with a siren could happen.

Kind regards 

Kallum

Cstandage
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Lost soundsport free earbud

I have misplaced my left earbud from my bose soundsport free earphones. Find my bud was enabled on the app but the left earbud is just saying out of range and doesn't appear on the map at all.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Crymsynshade
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2021

Find my buds

I'm missing my bose soundsport free and was not sure if it happened at work(stolen) or at home(kids). So in the app I tried to do find my buds but all the app says is no product available without even going to a map. But yet if I go to the connect screen it will show that I have then connected to my account, but since they would be in their car I'm not getting anything from trying to connect. I have used this feature before when my kids have taken them and moved them on me so I know it has worked for me in the past.