[Fix needed] Bose SoundSport: Ringtone extremely loud in headset

Highlighted
Silent Starter

[Fix needed] Bose SoundSport: Ringtone extremely loud in headset

Hi team,

I experience that when I am wearing my Bose SoundSport headset while receive an incoming call, the ringtone is insanely loud - so loud I have to take off my headset. I have tested this on my iPad and my girlfriends iPhone too. Same issue. Moreover, I also hear from my colleagues they have same issue with the QC35 headphones. 

My settings on my iPhone 5s (iOS 12.1.2). See attached Image 1. My ringtone is always 100% and not adjustable with the volume buttons.

Withouth my headset connected, I want my phone to be ringing so I can hear it, hence the settings. With my headset connected, I dont want the ringtone to to be 100% in my headphones, but only as loud as the music I'm playing. 

I have had several other headsets prior to my Bose (incl. Jay-bird, B&O and Sennheiser), and my Bose is without a doubt the best headset of them all. I am extemely satisfied with the SoundSport. However, all the othe brands adjust the ringtone to the volume of the music in the headphones, so I assume the Bose can do the same. Somehow. 

Please let me know how I can fix this, and if it requires that i send my headset back to you.

Many thanks,

Jake

Image 1.jpg

3 REPLIES

Re: [Fix needed] Bose SoundSport: Ringtone extremely loud in headset

Hi Jthinge,

Thanks for posting. I was able to test this with an Android phone ( didn't have access to an iPhone) and couldn't replicate what you are describing. So for troubleshooting purposes, could we try temporarily pairing the headphone with an Android device to see if the issue is consistent? 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi Tony,

I finally found someone with an android (Samsung Galaxy 9). Same issue occurs, the ringtone volume in the headset is a lot louder than the music volume. 

Kind regards,
Jakob

Hello Jthinge,

Thanks for the additional information. Just by way of testing, if you adjust the slider bar in your sound settings does that reduce the ringtone volume in the headphones?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support