rstables
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Garmin Fenix 6 and Bose Soundsport - cutting out

Bose Soundsport and Garmin 6X pro.

The headphones connect and music can be heard for about 40 seconds.  Then it just goes silent.

The watch is still playing the music

The headphones are reported by the watch as still being connected - but no audio.

A few minutes later the headphones declare the watch lost.

All software is up to date

The proximity is close (wrist to ear)

I can pair and get sound for a brief period.

Really hoping the response will not include the usual list of first step stalling manoeuvres.

Is there a systematic problem here?

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Re: Garmin Fenix 6 and Bose Soundsport - cutting out

Hey @rstables, thanks for posting!

It seems that you are experiencing a strange issue with the connection between your SoundSport Free wireless headphones and your Garmin Fenix 6.

Have you tried clearing the pairing list? It may be that the watch is recognizing the headphones as a different Bluetooth profile. You can do this by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, if possible, on the watch, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list. Connect them again and test the stability of the connection.

Let us know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rstables
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

many thanks for the prompt response. I had tried this before (having seen it in other forum posts). I did try it again but to no avail. 
i pair promptly. I can hear music for some time (in range 10-40 seconds) then all goes quiet. The watch says I am still paired and that the music playing. Just no sound. Later the headphones announce “watch lost”. I know that the headphones are fundamentally good because I use them with my iPhone and previously with my Apple Watch (with complete satisfaction). It seems as if this is something specific to the Garmin product.

Keith_L

Thanks for the update rstables!

As it is just happening when you use the Garmin watch, they do have some tips for when you have Bluetooth issues on their website HERE. It would definitely be worth having a look at these to resolve this.

When you are playing music from the Garmin, what app are you listening to? Do you get the same behavior with all apps on your watch?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
rstables
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Yes, I am sorry but I have already tried this. Prior to posting, I had read most of the other related threads and tried all of the simple manoeuvers.

It is very perplexing and despite my best efforts I cannot come up with a sensible logical solution. I would be interested in what you think.

Vicky_W

@rstables, I am sorry about this. As the issue, is only with Garmin, I would suggest speaking to Garmin to see if they have any advice as they will know more about their products than we do. 

I would be very interested to know what they say. 

rstables
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I contacted Garmin as you suggested.  It may be  fault in the watch withe the Bluetooth system.  They are replacing the watch.

Many thanks for your attention.