Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Headphones Bose IE2 cable problem

I bought in Ukraine headphones Bose IE2. I used them very carefully and carefully. After 1-1.5 years, the headphone cable became sticky, then it began to crack and peel off the protective layer (insulation) ... Now the cable is not functional, the headphones have been lying with the damaged cable for 4 years. This is very sad. Why did this happen? Why such poor quality materials on the Bose IE2 headphone cable? ..

I attach photos of my damaged Bose IE2.

IMG_1.jpgIMG_2.jpgIMG_3.jpgIMG_4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Headphones Bose IE2 cable problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ruben Kokhlikyan

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to see that you IE2 headphones became damaged in this way. 

My best recommendation would be to contact your local Customer Service Center to discuss this matter. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I could not help any further with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ruben Kokhlikyan

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to see that you IE2 headphones became damaged in this way. 

My best recommendation would be to contact your local Customer Service Center to discuss this matter. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I could not help any further with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Same thing here!

I bought the same headphones, took extreme care of them. Then after 2 years they had the exact same issue as yours. Hence I decided to purchase a new pair, this time the Soundtrue IE Ultra in USA in 2017. Same thing, after 2,5 years the cable just peeled off on it's own. I talked to customer support in Germany. First they mentioned that the headphone was from 2016, they didn't even consider when I purchased the goods, but when it was manufactured. Claiming that it's out of warranty (because of the manufacturing date and not the purchasing date) and that it had to be my issue as this does not happen to Bose headphones, then they sent me a voucher to exchange them at a discounted rate. 

I was not sure about the exchange... after all, why should I pay if I actually took great care of both headphones and both had the same issue. Then I decided to verify if I was the only one out there with the issue... so I went to Saturn and Media Markt stores to validate that, not only did I find out that I was not alone, but even the Bose representative told me: "Oh, this has already happened to me in 4 different Bose headphones, this problem did not stop until I switched to the wireless headphones".

So I talked again to customer support in Germany, explained to them that they have a quality issue, which they negated. Then ask them for 2 options: 1) Exchange of the merchandise free of charge, as it is evident now that there is a quality issue (even if they negate it) 2) Grant me the same discount amount, not the percentage, but the amount e.g. if the 50% discount was equivalent to 45EUR, I just wanted the same 45 EUR, available to me only after I return both damaged headphones, but to use them in a different item. That way I could use the money to purchase what the sales guy told me: the wireless headphones that wouldn't brake after 2 years. After all, I don't come back to Bose every 2 years with the same complaint and keep paying to get a defective item. They basically told me: it's the 50%, take it or leave it. 

I do like the brand and even with this lack of customer support in Germany I am still kind of loyal to it. I hope that there is another way to get support on this matter.

Regards,

Hugo

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

good luck