Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Headphones died

I have had my Soundsport for a couple of years now, no issues. I was out for a long run yesterday and midway the headphones just shut off. No battery warning, just beep and off. I thought this was strange. When I got home I plugged them in to charge and nothing. No lights indicating charging. Tried other jacks, other plugs... still nothing. Tried the five seconds on, minute off, nothing. Time for a new set of headphones? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Headphones died

Hello Tallscientist,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community.

I'd love to learn more about the issue. Would you be able to confirm the model name? 

If you're not sure, please visit this page then enter the serial number for the headphones to confirm, then paste the model name here.

(Note: do not post serial numbers on this forum.)

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. These ones, the SoundSport wireless headphones. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_headphones_support/bose_in_ear_headphones_support/s...

I suspect I probably have killed them off with sweat - I have run many miles with these on.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this Tallscientist. 

Can you please let us know if the online updater recognizes the headset at all? To check this simply connect them to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable, once connected please head to our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

If the website is unable to detect the headset, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please do keep us update on this 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.