Highlighted
makettle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Heart Rate Apps

I have a set of SoundSport Pulse earbuds,  just looking for simple app that will record my heart rate during use.    I have used the Strava app up until they pulled the Bose HRM function,  have tried the others listed on the Bose site but have had no luck,  some require a subscription , others do not work with my phone.   I simply need an app that will record and plot HR vs time as I use a treadmill.  Any advice ?   

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Heart Rate Apps

Hello makettle, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are not yet able to find a compatible app you wish to use with your SoundSport Pulse Wireless headphones.

Have you tried all the available apps listed on our support page?

What mobile device are you using? I will happily look through what options are available to you. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
makettle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

First of all thanks for the quick reply....

I tried Edomondo, seemed to work fine but needed a subscription to track heart rate.  Also tried the UA Record and acted buggy, kept asking to complete my height and weight , also could never connect to the HRM.      I am currently using a Samsung J7 .   

I did go back to the Strava support site and read their official announcement as to why they dropped support of blue tooth HRMs, it had to do with crashing their app.   Strava actually recommend a replacement app that is supposed to work well with these devices,  its name is Wahoo.   I have downloaded and installed it,  it looks to be exactly what I was looking for as it has a treadmill mode ( no gps tracking required ) and will plot your heart rate data.   I do not have my Bose buds with me so I cant test it,   looking forward to trying it.

Highlighted
makettle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Tried Wahoo....  its "exactly" what I was looking for.    It connected to my Bose HRM without issue,  never dropped out the entire 30 min test I ran.  Turned App on and off multiple times,  it picked up the HRM every time.   Sorry for posting the question before doing a little extra research.  

Highlighted
brusitzky
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

@ Bose Team - Why does the Bose App say that Strava is supported. 

I purchased the Sport headset with Pulse and it feels like it is a bit of an afterthought in terms of integration. It is basically the Under Armor and that is not so solid. Now I find out Strava is not supported.  

Can you please update the app to be accurate and invest time to get it to work with Apple Health and Samsung Health which are the major players here.  At this point I would not recommend the product to anyone if they wanted to use Pulse.