Heart rate accuracy problem

Highlighted
Jgh
Silent Starter

Heart rate accuracy problem

I have been using the Soundsport Pulse for a while now and I always thought my calorie burns were too high. I just got a galaxy watch and it reported that my max Hr was in the high 150s consistently and the Bose reported in the low 180s. I took my pulse manually and matched the watch. I wore a Wahoo chest strap and it matched the watch. The headphones are way off in their accuracy. Is there any way to calibrate them?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Heart rate accuracy problem

Hi Jgh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that they are correctly fitted in your ear by using the correct Stayhear+ tips. The heart rate sensor is located in the left earbud. 

I would also recommend deleting and reinstalling the Fitness app. 

Please update us on the results of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Jgh
Silent Starter

Thanks for the reply. I tried various ear tips and settled on the largest. It took me a while to get used to them but I don't get the lost connection alerts anymore.
What fitness app? The Bose Connect app our my third party fitness app? I got the same high reading on bot

Hi Jgh, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Please close and reboot both apps. I would also recommend unpairing and repairing the headphones with your device. This can be done via:

• Power off your headset
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”

I hope that this helps and I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B