Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

How do I connect QuietComfort Earbuds to Windows 10 PC?

How do I connect QuietComfort Earbuds to Windows 10 PC? I can pair them with my PC, but they do not register as an audio device. Any Ideas on how to get this to work??

18 REPLIES 18
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Re: How do I connect QuietComfort Earbuds to Windows 10 PC?

I've had some success with this. 

Disconnect from your phone and then put the buds in pairing mode by pressing the button on the case. On the PC go to Bluetooth and select to add a new device. After while the buds will appear for pairing.

I've found that the buds work fine for normal audio, but I can't get them to work well with Microsoft Teams. In Teams the software sees the buds under two names, and the only name that gives me audio seems to break up and have low quality. The other name that appears works fine with Spotify.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

This is exactly what I tried before posting the question. My PC does not recognize the ear buds as a speaker and I cannot connect for audio. Any advice on how to get this to work properly? 

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Dankwun,

I had to delete the QC earbuds, then update my Dell BT Drivers, then reconnected and it worked. 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Figured it out! I didn't realize that you have to disconnect from your phone in the app in order to add another device. I figured that if I just turned off the bluetooth on my phone that the headphones wouldn't be connected and I could pair with my pc. That's not the case though. 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds - Connection with PC

Hello,

I have a question. Is there a way to connect your Bose Quiet Comfort via Bluetooth to a PC and listen to music? When I tried this the headphones did indeed connect but didn't show up as an audio device.

Help is appreciated.

Re: Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds - Connection with PC

Hey @DexterL, thanks for posting!

I hope you are enjoying your new QuietComfort Earbuds so far. 😁 

It's a shame that you've not been able to connect them to your PC. Is this a Windows PC, or Mac, or other?

Have you been able to connect them to any other devices?

Let's begin by resetting your earbuds. Please follow the steps listed HERE to do this. During this process, the pairing list will also be cleared. On your PC, and any other previously connected device, delete the earbuds from the Bluetooth list. Now reconnect. 

Please get back to me with the outcome of these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

I don't even see my qc earbuds when attempting to add a device on windows 10 pc. I tried to press and hold the bluetooth button on the earbuds case but still my pc can't recognize it.

Can somebody help with this?

Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Re: Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds - Connection with PC

I have the same problem. Isn't there anyway to connect without resetting the earbuds?

Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2020

Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds - Bluetooth connection drop outs on Win10 PC

Latest firmware, Win10x64, tested on 2 PCs:

Whenever there are more than 1 bluetooth radio devices in the room, the Earbuds suffer from repeated audio/connection drop outs for fractions of a second, rendering the audio experience very annoying / stuttering.

Having the same number of BT devices in the room but connecting the Earbuds to a separate Android device is rock stable, so it seems the Win10 BT driver is inferior and more susceptible to interruption by other BT device searches or other drivers on the computer than the Android BT device handling.

Looks like the Win10 BT driver and/or your device firmware need further improvement to provide a stable connection even in a Multi-Service environment which - I hope you agree - is very much standard today, looking at the multitude of BT adapable devices in people's households, like TVs, sports gear, smartphones etc.

How can you help me with this issue? If this is noticed, I have to return the Earbuds within 30d warranty. Sad but unuseablemin a real world environment like they are right now...

Regards,

Reinhard