Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

How to stop it calling people

when I try to place it in my ear it start calling random people by itself. How do I stop this happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to stop it calling people

Author Accepted Answer selected by ak78@live.com

Hey there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earbud and will be more than happy to help you! In order to do so, you will need to let me know which product you have. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you if you are unsure. 

I look forward to hearing from you again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Author Accepted Answer selected by ak78@live.com

Hey there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your earbud and will be more than happy to help you! In order to do so, you will need to let me know which product you have. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you if you are unsure. 

I look forward to hearing from you again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. I have Bose sports earbuds. Thanks. 

hanks for confirming this.

Does this occur with every mobile device you are connecting your earbuds to?

Are you also initiating the call or is this an incoming call?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

i have Bose sports earbuds 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

When it’s connected to my iPhone. It’s outgoing call. Earbuds start making a call by itself. When that happens I can’t even stop to call 

That's really strange ak78, the only way to start an outgoing call from the earbuds is by using the voice assistant on your phone. To activate the voice assistant, you would touch and hold the right earbud until you hear a tone, is anything touching the right bud when you've noticed the calls happening at all?

Also, have you noticed any pattern to when the phone will make a phone call at all? Is it always after a certain amount of time, only when you change app, or anything like this?

Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

only time it happen is when I try to put it in my ear. So maybe my finger is touching too long (5 seconds?) on earbuds? So if I unable the voice assistant, would it stop calling?  

This would be a good thing to test. Can I please also ask you to pair the buds with a different phone and see if the same happens. Keeping the voice assistant active when trying with a new phone. I would like to pinpoint what is causing the issue so that we can fix this for you.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

so I have only one iPhone has sim in it. I tried to connect with my old iPhone. It connect to Siri and still tried to make a call when I was putting right one in my ear. The phone doesn’t have a sim so it didn’t start calling but I assume if it could, it would’ve. London is in lockdown right now and I don’t see anyone so unfortunately I can’t try with other phones.