I can’t change the nickname of Soundsport Free through Bose Connect App

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I can’t change the nickname of Soundsport Free through Bose Connect App

I have a Bose Soundsport Free (SSF) from my friend. The biggest problem is that I can’t change my friend’s nickname through Bose Connect App.

When I change the new name on the app every time (type new name àclick “continue”), it still shows the old name and re-connect SSF all the time. Sometimes even the left earbud won’t get connected at this point

The funny thing is I still can change the nickname of my Bose revolve plus through the exactly same App instead of SSF. T_T

I have tried all the recommended solution (hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, remove and re-install the App, tried IOS and Androids system, etc.), but none of them works.

I would like to know if there is any way to reset SSF back to factory setting (to rinse my friend’s name), or any way to solve this problem?

Thanks and best regards,

Clive Hsiao

10 REPLIES

Re: I can’t change the nickname of Soundsport Free through Bose Connect App

Hi Clive Hsiao,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. The process that you are using to change the name of your Revolve is the same you would use for the Soundsport Free. The first thing I would suggest is making sure your headphones are updated using btu.bose.com on your computer and trying again.

Please let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Dear Tony, 

Thanks for your kind reply. 

I follow the steps that you suggest and my headphones are updated 'til the lastest software through  btu.bose.com. Unfortunately, the old nickname is still sticky on my SSF. 

Please watch the video how I tried to change my nickname. Although the APP system is in Chinese, you still can see the headphone were re-connected again with the old name after changing to the new name. 

https://youtu.be/7E1Ox5vvrs8

I assume this could be the software problem. Is there any way to fix it ?

Thanks and best regards

Clive Hsiao

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Clive Hsiao,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. The process that you are using to change the name of your Revolve is the same you would use for the Soundsport Free. The first thing I would suggest is making sure your headphones are updated using btu.bose.com on your computer and trying again.

Please let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Bose SSF 修改名稱 影片

Hi Clive,

Thanks for responding. That is unusual. Could we try something? Try and change the same of your headphones using the "Surprise Me" button to generate a random name. That would help narrow down where the issue might be. 

Please come back and update us.

Regards,

Tony G

Quiet Contributor

Dear Tony, 

Thanks for your kind assistance to help me out . 

Please watch the below video that i tried to change my SSF nickname with "Suprise me " bottom. But as you can see, my old name is still there T_T. 

Is there the other way to solve this problem ?

https://youtu.be/A8I6eLWNTkw

Thanks and best regards, 

Clive Hsiao 

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi Clive,

Thanks for responding. That is unusual. Could we try something? Try and change the same of your headphones using the "Surprise Me" button to generate a random name. That would help narrow down where the issue might be. 

Please come back and update us.

Regards,

Tony G

Uploaded by Clive Hsiao on 2018-09-26.

Hi Clive,

Thanks for responding. That is so unusual. I would contact your local support team for help with that. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G

Silent Starter

Having the SAME issue tried all suggestions. There are pages of same situation posts. WHAT IS THE FIX YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!!! Between this and the delay in video sound you have really relesed a lemon of a product!

Hello LAKELIFE! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble changing the nickname. You may try to update your headphones using the USB charging cable and your PC. Just navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. 

Please let us know if this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

It seems like somany people have same problem. I have the exact same problem too. Bought a pair of second hand SSF pods, and updated. tried all the suggested things, but cant change the name. They just "reboot" once accept is pressed. It should be an easy fix for resolve this in a software update? I currantly have 2.5.6 on my SoundSport Free.... Can you stop sendig people to local support, and rather help with the issue here? I dont believe that you dont know how to resolve it.

Hi Thomasnb,

Thanks for posting. I am going to pass this information along to our developers for further review. We will post any information we find here.

Regards,

Tony G