Highlighted

Re: I can’t change the nickname of Soundsport Free through Bose Connect App

Hi Boots, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting.

I have passed this issue onto the development team. They are aware of this issue, however I don't have any information regarding this at this moment in time. 

Have you attempted to download the Bose Connect App on another device and then attempting to nickname the headphones? 

Thanks,

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Hi,

If you cant even get a single update on the issue which is ongoing from hell number of days what development team is working? Is the same **bleep**ty software bug they are trying to introduce into any new products or the existing ones to make more profit!!!!!!!!. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Hello,

Can someone respond here, please? At least mention that no one is working on this bug fix, so at least we can get some confirmation on this ***** product.

Don't say development team is working on this bla bla bla... seen a lot of these...

Highlighted

Hello Vinay KR, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues changing the nickname of your headphones on the Bose Connect app. 

If you haven't already, please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the previous post responses, and if possible, pair the headphones with another device to see if the same issue occurs. Remember to ensure you are saving the name of the device. 

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to local support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Very disappointing that there is still no solution after at least 1 year.  And then after all that, they still tell you to contact 'local support'.

Needless to say, I'm having the same problem.  My wife didn't like the Bose Free headphones and gave them to me.  So they're still named Tracy's Bose Free "Soundsport".  I want to rename them to something else.  But it appears to be impossible to do so.  I tried every one of the fixes in all of the previous posts and more.....and nothing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Hi all,

I came across this issue yesterday. I had a set of SSF passed on to me from a relative.  This is how I changed the nickname:

Connected the headphones to my iphone under the existing nickname.

Opened the Boseconnect app and changed the nickname in the app.

Went to Settings on the phone, disconnected the SSF and told the phone to forget the device.

Turned Bluetooth off at the phone then turned it back on again. 

The phone searched for devices and found the SSF under the new name. Problem fixed.

No need to power off the SSF or return to the case.  I carried out this procedure with the buds still in my ears.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried the same but unfortunately the problem still exists.

Seems like it may never get resolved 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Update on my last post. The device nickname is getting changed ok. It's the voice announcement which still uses the old nickname.

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Sorry to hear this Chris Sweet. 

Have you attempted to perform a reset on the headset to see if it will now use the new name? You can do this by following these steps below:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also recommend connecting the headset to another device to see if it identifies it as the new username.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Nickname of Soundsport Free through Bose Connect App not changing the voice message

Thanks for your reply. I have tried what you suggested.

All my devices see the Bose earbuds with the correct nickname 'The Bose' but the announcement in the right earphone always uses the old nickname 'Chris's iPhone' when I connect to the iPhone.

Thanks

Chris