I regret this purchase

SOLVED
Friendly Fanatic

I regret this purchase

I finally got these amazing buds from Bose (soundsport free). Pairing was easy and smooth. Sound was amazing and rich. Connectivity on the other hand is such a huge fail, the left bud keeps disconnecting each time i move my head left or right (it literally does). It appears that happens only when I'm out doors looking to pass the street so i was looking both ways to notice it disconnects on each turn i make. Of course not to mention the unbearable lag from YouTube and Netflix. So i have this question, what is this buds good for? Should become a statue and keep them? Or should move on and find a better buds with better support team?
No offense guys but this is off charts.
Regards your previous loyal customer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorVicky_W

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I regret this purchase

Hi Anas90, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your SoundSport Free earphones. I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend updating the firmware on the earphones. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

I have also included a LINK HERE to give some insight to the Audio Video Sync. 

These headphones are designed for use when working out or playing sport.

I hope this helps. If you require further assistance please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Hi Anas90, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your SoundSport Free earphones. I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend updating the firmware on the earphones. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

I have also included a LINK HERE to give some insight to the Audio Video Sync. 

These headphones are designed for use when working out or playing sport.

I hope this helps. If you require further assistance please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Jessi_o i very much appreciate your effort and time. Also i know that as a team you guys are doing your best to provide a fix ( maybe too slow). I have tried the links you have provided. My buds are already up to date. It says up to date on the app very clearly. So the left bud disconnecting has nothing to do with the update. Also the video lag, apparently i did delete my buds by holding the left bud button till it was disconnected then i reconnect it, YouTube did work with no lag at all. But the issue appeared once i put back buds into case and then take them off again. I have no idea tbh. It is best if you guys give it a try no? Much easier.
Thank you for your response.
I will keep updating my thread until i find a solid fix.
Friendly Fanatic

Also i know these are intended for sports but you can't just have that as an excuse. These buds cost quite much, only running with them and lifting is a total waste. Thank you.
Friendly Fanatic

Unfortunately, i have tried many tips and tricks, none did help with the issues presented above. I visited the store where i bought it from, they said it's not a defected device and therefore they won't replace it. Cool

Hi @Anas90 ,

Thank you for the updates on this.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. Can I ask that you check the following for me please?

1)are both the delay and connection issues persistent across multiple devices and platforms? For example, using a different phone and using Netflix rather than Youtube on the original device? 

2) If you're unable to try another device/platform, can I ask which device is being used, what software version it is running, and which video apps you have tested this with?

3) If the platform that you are using has a Video delay or Video Sync option, does changing or setting this have any impact on the delay you are experiencing?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W

Friendly Fanatic

hello Liam_W, I appreciate you crossing by to help assist in fixing this issue that is facing me and other consumers as well.

1)are both the delay and connection issues persistent across multiple devices and platforms? For example, using a different phone and using Netflix rather than YouTube on the original device? 

Answer 1: well, to be honest I have only tested it on 2 devices that I own. The first device in my own phone (Huawei P30 pro) updated to the latest version etc. The 2nd device is my old nexus 10 (Samsung manufactured), it has root and a different rom. Yes, both issues are persistent on these 2 devices but you can also go through all the topics here and you will see different devices.

2) If you're unable to try another device/platform, can I ask which device is being used, what software version it is running, and which video apps you have tested this with?

Answer 2: I did test on different devices… (why do I have the feeling that this question is similar to the on before it). Again many people other than me already have open threads explaining the issue with different devices. My phone is running android pie 9.1 MIUI. The lag and syncing issue is presented on these apps: Netflix, YouTube, Instagram stories and any in browser video player (using chrome for android). You can literally see lips moving and the sound is still not available (takes about 2 seconds).

3) If the platform that you are using has a Video delay or Video Sync option, does changing or setting this have any impact on the delay you are experiencing?

Answer 3: I did not test that but I doubt it will work.

Also, after updating my buds to 2.6.0 the Bluetooth start disconnecting a lot which is very disturbing. As I previously said whenever I’m walking outside and I turn my head left or right the signal on the left bud drops and I have to reset my head to neutral position. It doesn’t work at all which absurd. I can live with video lag but signal dropping while running outside, seriously guys.

I really do appreciate your time Mr.Liam and I know you are not responsible for the delay of fixing this issue but if you guys truly want to fix this issue you could have done so and did your own testing already. Asking me to explain things you guys already can test or maybe you already knew about these issues, will not make me feel any confident about Bose. I answered all your questions with the intend to show you that I am as a costumer concerned about my own buds and I really want them fixed.

Animated Arbiter

Bose clearly markets SoundSport devices for use while doing sport activities. Before purchasing anything everyone should first do some research on a company's web site. Bose does say in the SoundSport Free FAQ section (first question) you may have audio and video sync issues so any lag should come as no surprise to anyone who's done there homework. From their FAQ

Q: Can the SoundSport Free wireless headphones be used to provide audio for video, such as watching a movie on a tablet?

A: Yes. However, the quality of the experience—specifically, synchronization between audio and video—may be compromised. Truly wireless headphones are subject to some latency between audio and video. The latency can vary based on the device, operating system, apps, cloud based content, network infrastructure and headphones.

Hello Anas90, 

We appreciate that you are eager for a solution to these problems with your SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones and I completely understand how frustrating this must be, but it is essential for us to gather as much information as possible. We do perform tests on devices here to try and re-create the problem, however, we cannot possibly test this on every single device. 

As suggested by @Liam_W: I would strongly recommend that you try adjusting any video delay/sync settings on the apps that you are using, if possible. 

A slight delay when using Bluetooth is normal. The Bluetooth connection between the source and the headset may add a slight delay to the audio signal. This would account for internal processing in the source as well as the processing being used by the SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones. This may present itself when playing a video source and transmitting audio.

Regarding your dropout issue, I would recommend performing a reset by following these steps:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

If your connection issue persists, please get back to us and we will be more than happy to look in to this further for you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Friendly Fanatic

grmedhat,
Bose clearly did not market any of what you said and Bose did not say plainly that the buds are not intended for watching videos. Also you are clearly a Bose blind follower. It is not rocket science to fix latency issues or disconnecting problems, if you have done your homework buddy you would have seen that i have addressed multiple issues and i did say video delay is not important to me. Being blinded by anger to something you love is pure disappointment. I can tolerate video lag but disconnecting every now and then is no go for me. So please if you have a better suggestion on how to solve issues be my guest, if no then farewell.