Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arcsolo
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Left Bud keeps flashing even after full charge

This is now my 2nd set of QC Earbuds.

Both seem to work OK with regards to sound and features but even after a fully, and charged beyond the end of the flashing dots stage on the case, the left earbud keeps flashing white to indicate it’s still charging.  The right one stays lit, it’s just the left one.

I returned the first set because this is not correct but this new set does exactly the same.

I’ve done the ‘reset’ and software is up to date and used with an iPhone with the latest iOS and Bose app.

The Bose app says they are both 100% charged.

Any ideas or will this set also be getting a return?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matforde
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Left Bud keeps flashing even after full charge

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arcsolo

Hi

I found this on mine as well but noticed after a couple of minutes, it stops flashing. I contacted Bose and they said that the left one flashing just needs to sync with the right one.

I’m going to keep an eye on it and see how it goes. I’m very pleased with them and not sure why there are so many critical comments about small issues ie size, size of case, battery life.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
matforde
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arcsolo

Hi

I found this on mine as well but noticed after a couple of minutes, it stops flashing. I contacted Bose and they said that the left one flashing just needs to sync with the right one.

I’m going to keep an eye on it and see how it goes. I’m very pleased with them and not sure why there are so many critical comments about small issues ie size, size of case, battery life.

View solution in original post

Arcsolo
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Thank you for your reply....

I will try and see if the charge ‘syncs’ between them after a while and the light stops flashing.

cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

@Arcsolo 

It's completely normal. I own 2 pairs (one triple black and one Soapstone), and both do the same. Both have different manufacturing dates also so that doesn't matter.

If you open the case when they are fully charged, both leds will be still, and then the left will start blinking for 1 or 2 minutes and then it will stay still like the right earbud.

Don't return them. It's completely normal. 

I love these earbuds. They sound amazing.

Only downside is the lack of volume control in the touchpad and the lack of EQ in the app. But I'm sure it will be addressed in the future with a firmare update.

Arcsolo
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Thank you for your reply and experience with them....

I have waited for a few minutes and, yes the left earbud stopped flashing...Phew..

I also like the sound and have been impressed so far....
if I’m honest, I’d of liked a choice of buds from different manufacturers, but having larger ears I need something a little extra for them to stay secure and Bose certainly does this....If Bose read this, keep the winglets for us with larger ears!

matforde
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I think they are fantastic!

I’ve got a quite a few Bose products (SoundTouch wave and 300, QC35ii etc.) and nothing touches them.

I’ve read a few reviews about these buds and its crazy that people criticize the size of the buds and the size of the charging case. 

When you are used to carrying around qc35ii in case, the buds case is nothing.

I like apple products but didn’t like their airpod pro as they won’t stay in my ears. The wing tip of the ear piece on the Bose QC buds really helps.

Out of interest, why do you have 2 pairs of buds (Black and soapstone)?

mat