Highlighted
Bodimz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Left bud not keeping charge

The left bud dies constantly and won't charge properly. Put it in the cradle and it appears charged in 10 minutes but will deplete itself just as fast. The right does not seem affected, yet. 

Extremely concerned that a product so expensive would not last more than a year.

Soundsport Free (but with an hefty price tag 😜

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Left bud not keeping charge

Hi Bodimz, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to read that you have encountered some battery issues with your SoundSport Free's and I would love to look into this further for you. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that the headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater as well as attempting to charge the case via a different power outlet to ensure that the case is charging correctly. 

Please also perform a reset on the headphones via: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also recommend that you ensure that there is no debris on the contacts of the headphones and the charging case to ensure a correct charge is completed. Please also note that if the charging case battery has no charge of its own, the earbuds will remain on when placed in the case. Also, if the audio source is still on and connected to the earbuds, they will continue to play until the depleted.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding these steps and if any other community members have had and resolve this issue via an alternate method then please do let us know in this thread. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Bodimz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Just completed the update, the reset and the left bud didn't last 30 minutes even though it appeared fully charged.

I'm so sad. 

Hi Bodimz,

I'm sorry to hear that the recommended steps did not provide a solution to this issue. 

My next suggestion would be to contact your local customer service team to explore your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G