Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Left ear bud Soundsport Free less volume then right bud suddenly

When I was running suddenly my left earbud stopped working properly. The volume on the left earbud is less than the right earbud so this is pretty annoying. It also sounds that the high frequencies do not come trough anymore... I already cleared the Bluetooth list and paired them again. I also tried another device but the problem still is there...

Thanks,

Jelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Left ear bud Soundsport Free less volume then right bud suddenly

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi J_Werff,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Can you please confirm if this issue happens across all devices? 

I would also like for you to perform a reset via:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hello Jelle,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you appear to be experiencing a volume issue with your SoundSport Free Headphones. 

Does this issue occur across all audio platforms?

Can you please ensure us on the devices which you have tested your headphones with and their software versions.

What I would firstly suggest is ensuring that your headphones are up to date with the latest software. Please connect your headphones to your computer via USB and visit btu.bose.com which will provide you with instruction on how to perform a firmware update.

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I am currently using a Honor9 (android 9)and an Apple Ipod nano 7th generation. 

I will try and do a software update. And give an update on what happened

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I just did the software update and still have the issue. The left bud still sounds muted

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi J_Werff,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Can you please confirm if this issue happens across all devices? 

I would also like for you to perform a reset via:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

It seemed to have worked thanks

Highlighted

Hi j_werff, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am glad to hear this. 

I hope this post is useful for other users with this issue and as always please do reach back out to the community if you require any further assistance😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I'm having a similar problem with my Soundsport headphones.  The volume on the left ear is almost non-existent. I've tried clearing and reconnecting, to no avail.  I'm also having the problem on several devices, my Galaxy S10+, my IPod, and my IPad.  I use my old wired headphones and the sound is fine. I've also tried updating the software, which did not make any difference.  

I saw where a possible resolution was to connect the headphones to the charging case, but my headphones didn't come with a charging case.

Any other ideas? This problem has been happening for about two weeks and I'm about ready to toss them and buy something else.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello j_werff,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your SoundSport headphones. It sounds like you have the SoundSport Wireless headphones not the SoundSport Free headphones in this thread which do not come with a charging case, you can find a thread with helpful information on relating to the SoundSport Wireless headphones HERE.

You will be able to reset your headphones as suggested in this thread, by following the steps below:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

I already tried to do the factory reset that you mentioned before but is not doing any difference

The sound on the left but still almost zero and I confirmed that it has the last firmware

Is there anything else that I could try