Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Left ear bud loses battery power fast

My left ear bud on the SoundSport Free has problems charging or keeping a charge. If the charger is plugged in I can get a couple of hours out of it. The right one hasn't ever lost a charge. If the case is not plugged in then it will be totally depleted. The latest firmware is installed and inhave cleaned the connection points. The red light on the left ear bud comes on while sitting in the case.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Left ear bud loses battery power fast

Hello ReneeD,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry that you are experiencing some battery issues with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. I'd love to help with this.

My first recommendation would be to reset the headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Did you perform the update through the Bose Connect app or using our online updater? If the app, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer to ensure that any updates were successfully installed. 

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if there has been an improvement.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Hi RenneD. Did this fix work from Bose. I wonder as I have the exact same problem. No issues with the right bud, but the left is gone is a very short time. Regards

Hey mgmcdon, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones. I would highly suggest trying the steps provided by @Charlotte_G to resolve your issue. 

If you are still having difficulties after this, I would urge you to check that the power source being used is the correct one. It needs to be 5 VDC, 0.8 A. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on with the steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Vicki

I wanted to let you know I have ran this option a couple of times to no avail. I'm using the correct cable and wall plug and the left earbud is requiring a charge in less than an hour with the right one remain strong. Also I understand the case should give a number of full charges, well mine doesn't, I'm lucky if I get one. 

Please advise whats next with these buds...Note I've also just updated them and no change that I can tell

Regards Martin

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

It sounds as if you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally suggest for this issue. I would recommend getting in contact with your local technical support team to assist with a service. To do this, click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Yes, I tried the steps several times and downloaded the most recent update and am still having the same problem.  It seems that the left ear bud never shuts down or disengages even when in the case. If I leave it connected to the charging cable then it will stay charged.

If the left bud is in the case my phone will connect to it and I have to manually disconnect the bluetooth so that I can answer calls with the phone itself.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

I appreciate that you have tried to help but the link you've sent does not work and my my left earbud is almost not functioning after less than a few minutes use. I would like either a replacement set or my money back given these buds I have are performing terribly and given the cost of them I don't see why I should put us with this poor performance. I haven't even mentioned the fact you cant want any videos with these as you guys have not sorted out the lag between the buds and the fact that video runs out of sync. How do I get my money back please?

The link should go to: http://global.bose.com. From there, you can choose your country, then scroll to the bottom of the site and go to the contact page for support details. They will be able to discuss your options. 

Thanks.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

SoundSport Free wireless left earbuds battery discharge

i bought a pair of this earphones last year and worked well for a while ... after last update i notice than the left earbud it discharge in a less time that the before, so i start to take the use time and i now discover than only works for an hour... my earphones only has a 18 months use so i hope i can do something to recuperate it.

Thanks if somebody can help me...