Highlighted
Geetdadheech
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Left earbud volume so low

Hi Bose team,

I have bose soundsport purchased in 2017 l.Suddenly the left side earbud started producing so much low volume. I did a update also still not working. I directly charge it with a USB cable as I don't have any case. Please let me know how can this be fixed.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Left earbud volume so low

Hello Geetdadheech,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your SoundSport headphones, I would love to help.

To begin, could you please confirm which model of SoundSport headphones you have? If you are unsure, please use the Bose Product Finder for clarification.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Geetdadheech
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Hi Team,

I have checked over the link you have given and it is showing soundsport wireless headphones that was sold in 2016. Please let me know the possible solution.

Hello Geetdadheech,

Perfect! Thank you very much for confirming this. 

I would, therefore, suggest performing a reset on your SoundSport wireless headphones by following these steps:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

Did you update the headphones through the Bose Updater or through the Bose Connect app? If the Bose Connect app, could you please visit the Bose Updater and manually perform the update, if possible. This will ensure that no errors where encountered. 

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Geetdadheech
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Hi Team,

I did what you said but it was again not working. I don't know what is the problem. I need to get this one sorted out as soon as possible. Please help me.

Hello Geetdadheech,

Thanks for getting in back in touch. Since you have already been through all the suggested troubleshooting to no avail, I recommend that you call the customer care team in your area as they will be able to assist you further with service options. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

louissedav
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I've been having the same problem with mine right after update. Left earbud has significantly lower volume than the right. What's up, Bose?!

Hello Louissedav, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your SoundSport headphones. I would strongly advise completing the troubleshooting mentioned by @Charlotte_G to look to resolve this issue. 

Should you still have issues after this, please use the steps provided by @Zoe_C to reach out to your local support team as they will be able to assist you further there. 

I hope that you get this issue resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Pau176
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Hi,

I also bought my ear buds in 2017. They were really loud but the volume dropped right off recently where I could hardly hear the music when out running. I tried updating the firmware, I tried resetting the earbuds,  I basically tried everything that was suggested online. Yesterday, I finally worked out what was wrong with mine. Basically, my plugs were all bunged up due to rain, sweat and earwax. I pulled the rubber bits off and then tried to clean the buds. Still no change. So I then got a very fine pin and basically started perforating the protective layer that sits above the speakers. Result, my earbuds are absolutely rocking again. I cannot believe the difference. Negative, these earbuds probably won’t last long now because I had to use a pin to make loads of little holes to let the sound out. I would imagine water will now get into the buds. Basically, there is a design fault with these buds. Over time, they will get gunked up with a combination of rain, sweat and your earwax. My fix at least allows me to use my buds at home or just walking around.