Highlighted
Kat90
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Left sleepbud charging issues

I am having problems with the left ear bud on my sleepbuds. I place it in the charging dock and it flashes - charging okay. However the charge is sticking at 58%. It won’t budge. I try it in the right side and it still won’t go higher on charge.
Anyone else having this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Left sleepbud charging issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kat90

Hello Kat90,

That's great to hear! 

As the troubleshooting provided has been successful, could you please mark the post as an 'Accepted Soltion' for other users of the Bose Community to see.

As always, if you ever need any support or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Have a great day.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Kat90,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had charging the buds, and understand your frustration. I'd be more than happy to help you here today!

As such, I would ask that you look at and try the following troubleshooting steps:

1) Perform a reset for the charging case. This can be done by inserting a paperclip, pin, or other similar object into the hole on the back of the charging case, until a click is heard. When done, please let the buds charge for 30-60 minutes, then check that these are charging past the 58% you have described.

2) Please perform the updates for the charging case itself. This can be done by connecting the charging case to a computer/laptop via the USB-Micro cable. Once connected, please click HERE, and follow the instructions provided to get this up to date. Once the case is up to date, please let the buds charge again for 30-60 minutes to ensure that these are charging correctly.

--Extra: Please also ensure that the contacts for the Sleepbuds are visible, and not obscured by the ear-tip when connected to the charging case.--

If you have checked all of the above and are still having charging issues, I would advise that you click HERE INSTEAD, select your country/region, then navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page to get in touch with Bose support in your area to make this right for you.

Please get back to me if you have any questions about the above at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Kat90
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Thank you! Updating the charging case has worked. The left bud is now charging away fine. Thank you so much.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kat90

Hello Kat90,

That's great to hear! 

As the troubleshooting provided has been successful, could you please mark the post as an 'Accepted Soltion' for other users of the Bose Community to see.

As always, if you ever need any support or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Have a great day.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

AYL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Hi

i am having problems with left earbud too. It will not fully charge and switches off in the night. I gave updated the charger, the app. Boosted the case with a pin and it’s still not working.

Hi AYL, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue! 

Firstly, I would recommend that you make sure the sleepbuds are connected properly to the charging case. The contacts should be aligned and the lights on the outside edge should flash while charging, or solid if fully charged as well as making sure that the charging contacts for each sleepbud are visible through the back of each StayHear+ Sleep tip.

If the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

GadgetGav
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

I had this issue right out of the box. The left sleepbud wouldn't connect to the phone more than 1 time out of 10. I processed a warranty refund and I have to say I am hugely dissatisfied with the Bose customer service experience.

The original order was shipped for free via 2-day shipping - that was great.

The return label they sent me for the warranty return was UPS ground so it too over a week for my defective, DOA, never-worked-correctly buds to get back to the return center from the East coast.

They processed the return within a couple of days but shipped the replacements via UPS ground as well, so it's taking more than another week to get some (hopefully) functional buds.

Today when I try to look up the product on the website, I find that it doesn't show up at all in the search box on the Bose site. Doing an external search brings up a Bose page saying that the product has been discontinued and that anyone who has it can get a refund until December 31.

I'm thinking I should just stick a return label on the replacements when they eventually arrive and get my money back on this failed experiment....