Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Lost Bose Soundsport Free

I recently lost my Bose SSFs and the FindMyBuds service does not display any products available nor can I connect to them even though I’ve backtracked the route in the time period I lost them. Is it possible to track the earbuds based off of its serial number??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lost Bose Soundsport Free

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello DGW,

Thank you very much for confirming this information for us. 

I am afraid that if you turn off and reset the Find My Buds feature this will forget the previous connection, this would by why your app is no longer issuing information in regards to the location of your SoundSport Free earbuds. 

I do apologise for any disappointment this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello DGW,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your SoundSport Free headphones. 

Unfortunately there are no ways to track your SoundSport Free headphones via the Serial Number.

Can you please clarify for me, had you set up the Find My Buds feature within the Bose Connect App prior to the loss of your headphones?

I would love to help get this resolved for you. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Yes, the FindMyBuds feature was on prior to losing the earphones, but it had shown that the last time they tracked it was the 1st of June, when in fact the last time I used it was the 9th of June. Thinking this was a glitch, I turned the feature on and off but then it showed that there were no available products and it has been like that ever since.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello DGW,

Thank you very much for confirming this information for us. 

I am afraid that if you turn off and reset the Find My Buds feature this will forget the previous connection, this would by why your app is no longer issuing information in regards to the location of your SoundSport Free earbuds. 

I do apologise for any disappointment this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

I see, so there is no other possible way to find the earphones?

Highlighted

Hello DGW,

I am afraid if you have disconnected the Find My Buds application, we do not have any other methods of tracking your SoundSport Free headphones. 

I am very sorry for the disappointment this has caused. I do understand this is very frustrating but I do hope you are reunited with your SoundSport Free headphones. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M