Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Loud Tones and Volume Turned Down

From time to time, without warning, music will stop playing, loud steady tones - BOMP, BOMP, BOMP - will play, and at the same time the volume on my connected phone is turned all the way down to zero.  If I try to turn the volume back up, its automatically turned back down to zero.  When this happens, all controls on Sound Sport are inoperable.  I have to unpaire with phone (Bluetooth), and wait for it to turn itself off.  Recharging it usually returns it to an state of working.  But sometimes I have to plug it back in a couple times. 

This situation happens randomly, at different times and different settings.  I have not been able to reproduce or figure out if something is triggering it.

Bose product name

Sound Sport

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S20

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Loud Tones and Volume Turned Down

Hey Chestnut, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would love to confirm what battery status the headphones are on when this happens? In the meantime, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

• Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds, and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.
  • Clear the Bluetooth pairing list by holding the Bluetooth button until a voice prompt is heard. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Thank you for the post.  I've tried these things with no luck.  

Thank you for giving those steps a try, chestnut9104 - to confirm, do you have the SoundSport Free or SoundSport Wireless headphones? When the issue happens, do the earbuds die completely, or are you able to re-connect and have them play audio again for hours after? Also, what audio are you listening to when the issue occurs, is it through a certain application?

Finally, have you had the chance to use the earbuds with a non-android mobile device to see if you can replicate this issue when listening to music?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!