Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Low volume on MacBook Pro 2020 with Bose SoundSport

Hello,

I have used Bose SoundSport for about a half of year with my iPhone 8 and MacBook Pro 13" (mid 2012) with Mac OS 10.15. Everything worked perfectly. But two days go I changed my computer to MacBook Pro 13" (2020) with same Mac OS version. Headphones pairing was successfull, but maximum sound level is about 70% of level on my iPhone. The sound is also not so clear. I also find that there is something else wrong, because when it is paired to MacBook and iPhone simultaneously, sometimes is not possible to play any sound from iPhone using this headphones. They looks as connected (bluetooth connected, in Bose app it writes that it is connected, during headphones startup it says that it is connected), Spotify looks that it plays music (using these headphones) but there is quiet. Since I diconnect MacBook, it starts to play.

I tried:

- power on and off my headphones

- unpair all of devices and pair it again

- reset headphones (5s of power etc...)

- on my new MacBook set as input source of sound internal microphone and headphones use just as output

At this moment I am not able to use these hedphones with my new MacBook Pro 😞 Do you have any idea what to check or what to do?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Low volume on MacBook Pro 2020 with Bose SoundSport

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mi1an

Hello Mi1an, 

Thanks for posting! 👋.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones.

Can you please try the following: 

1. Restart your smartphone and computer. 

2. Reboot the Mac's Bluetooth module: 

From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

3. Unpair the headphone and establish a new connection

4. Try creating a new user profile on the Mac to see if the issue persists. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mi1an

Hello Mi1an, 

Thanks for posting! 👋.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones.

Can you please try the following: 

1. Restart your smartphone and computer. 

2. Reboot the Mac's Bluetooth module: 

From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

3. Unpair the headphone and establish a new connection

4. Try creating a new user profile on the Mac to see if the issue persists. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Hi Jeff,

thank you very much for prompt reply. Restarting computer works just for first use of headphones before I use headphones simultaneously with mobile phone. Then is needed restart of bluetooth module. So, after every usage of my headphones with mobile phone I must restart bluetooth module in computer and reconnect headphones.

I will try to create new user profile on my computer for testing purposes. I can't imagine that I will move everything from one user to another, because I have linked lot of things to my home folder...

I will test it during these days and I will inform you about situation. If you have any new idea based on information which I provided, please give me know.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

So, after few days it looks, that it works. Sometimes it is needed to restart Bluetooth module as described, but in general it works. As workaround it is good, but I hope that it will be solved in some future update.

Thanks for help!