Low volume while connecting to smart watch

Bose product name

Bose sport buds

Country

Tanzania 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy watch ,active 2 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Om max volume I hear almost nothing while on my previous soundsfree it was perfect 

What environment do you experience the issue in?

All ! 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Just bought my new buds yesterday 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Restarting all including the watch. Downloading the app, setting from my phone and watch - Nothing helped! 

9 REPLIES 9
Tegan_M

Re: Low volume while connecting to smart watch

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry that you are experiencing low audio. 

Do you get low audio when you connect to your mobile device for example?

Can you also attempt to use an alternate streaming service so we can see if this is an isolated issue to a certain music app?

Let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
drorlimor1
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Hallo, 

The same goes to my phone, to my wife's phone and to other music streaming devices. All are in the same volume and as if it is in 50%capacity and just need something to lift the volume few notches up. The buds are BRAND NEW and have reset it, restarting it, clearing all devices etc. Nothing helped. 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this drorlimor1. 

With the new update for the Sports earbuds, you should be able to adjust the volume on the earbuds! Can you please update the Bose Music app as per these instructions here.

Once updated please adjust the volume on the buds to see if you are able to increase this volume of the smartwatch! 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
drorlimor1
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Thank you. I have tried but as an android user your app is still in the old version and not allowing me to update it at all ! So what to do now ? Why is it only for IOS ? 

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this drorlimor1, 

The update was released for both IOS and Android so I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to update just yet. 

I'd recommend that we wait for the update to become available on your device before we attempt to look at other options. Have you ensured that your device is running the latest software version? 

I'd love to know if any other users are unable to see this update. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
drorlimor1
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Yes I have. Both my phone (Galaxy 20plus) and my Google play are up to date. In your relase you mentioned specifically that it is only for IOS which is Totaly not fair not make any sence. I bought a new buds and cant even enjoy them! So what is the point?? 

Hector_B

Thanks for confirming this for me! 

As per the Google Play store here, the app was updated on December 1st with the new firmware version. Our release notes also state "Bose Music App will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store" You can double-check this article here 😊

Let us know if you are able to update directly via the Google Play link above. 

drorlimor1
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Sorry but the article specifically mentions IOS and therfore when downloading the play store app it is still on 4.1.1

Keith_L
Community Manager

Sorry for any confusion drorlimor1, the update to the Bose Music app that brings the ability to enable volume controls on the buds has been released on both iOS and Android. Due to how the Google Play store works, however, iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out, so you will get the update soon!

I hope this clears up any confusion!