jdymuser
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

MS Teams Meeting -- Microphone Issues

Product Name: Bose Sport Earbuds

Firmware: 1.0.7

Has anybody else had an issue with microphone audio quality during Microsoft Teams Meetings and Calls on Iphones? I have tried multiple Iphones and resetting the earbuds and still my colleagues state I sound muffled / far away and very mute. 

Anybody else?

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: MS Teams Meeting -- Microphone Issues

Hey jdymuser,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're noticing some call quality issues with your Sport Earbuds. To ensure your buds are correctly fitted and to maximize microphone performance, be sure to test all included sizes of ear tips to find the perfect bud fit.

Have you had the chance to try with a device other than an iPhone, or using a different call application to test if the issue persists or performance changes at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jdymuser
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

I have tried with MS Teams on multiple iPhones and the result is the same. It seems to be mostly better when making a call (normal call using the phone app). I have also tried multiple ear tips and am using the only ones that fit comfortably. 

It seems to be a software issue since the mic in general works with phone calls. 

Keith_L

Thanks for the update jdymuser!

As you've been testing this with iPhones so far, it's possible you may have been covering the Bluetooth antenna on the iPhone when making your teams call. When the Bluetooth® antenna of an Apple device is obstructed you can potentially experience poor Bluetooth performance. In the case of the iPhone, the Bluetooth antenna is located along the top side of the device. I'd recommended that the phone is stored on the right side of the body (belt clip, pocket, hand) and that you make sure the top of the phone is exposed while on an active call using your headphones and see if this improves the call quality.

Let me know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jdymuser
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

Thanks for that advice, however the iPhone is laying flat on my desk (no obstructions) when there are issues. 

Charlotte_G

@jdymuser By any chance, have you tried any other VoIP services, such as WhatsApp, or similar? I'd be interested to know if the issue is isolated to only when using Microsoft Teams or whether it seems to be with VoIP calls in general.

MHunton
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

Hi, 

I just purchased the Bose Sport Earbuds and had a similar issue. I uploaded the latest firmware update dated January 2021 as well. The earbuds work great for regular calls and fine with listening to Spotify, etc, but I also purchased these to be able to use for work calls. My company uses Microsoft Teams for video calls. When using for MS Teams calls, the audio is very choppy, robotic, and very poor quality. I'm paired and connected with an HP laptop 2 feet away from my earbuds and have great internet connection (through a wired ethernet cable). In comparison, my Jabra headset works perfectly fine with Teams. 

I've noticed there seem to be many forums that discuss issues between Bose headphones and MS Teams. Is this a software issue that Bose will push out a new update for? If not I may have to return these earbuds if they are not compatible with Teams.

Please confirm if you have or are working on a solution to this issue. 

Thank you.