Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Mac how to change the profile associated with SOUNDSPORT FREE WIRELESS headphones?

My soundsport free wireless headphones are connected to my Mac.  Within the sound preferences, my headphones are selected as the input device.  This seems to mean that the headphones are currently in handset mode.  The symptom of this is that no sound comes out of the left ear bud.  I used to be able to fix this problem by manually changing the input sound device back to the Mac's internal microphone.  Like magic, the balance controls reappeared on the sound output tab.  (Otherwise, it will tell you that the device has no output controls).

Long story short, this doesn't seem to work any more.  Is there another way to manipulate the bluetooth profile that these headphones use so we can put them back in "headphone" mode instead of handset?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Mac how to change the profile associated with SOUNDSPORT FREE WIRELESS headphones?

Hello jw929,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty with the Bluetooth profiles of the SoundSport Free wireless headphones when connecting to your Mac.

Could you please confirm which OS X version you are running?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!